Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello all, new to forum

MattJH

One Too Many
Hawkhat said:
My first hat (in the Avatar) is a Biltmore utralite
1 3/4 brim with a cloth sweat band. I can't imagine a more comfortable hat.

While the most expensive and collected hats out there have leather sweatbands, I agree with you that an elastic cloth sweatband makes a hat more comfortable by leaps and bounds. When you eventually get to the point where you're searching for a fur felt hat and would like one of equal comfort, remember these models: Akubra Casual, Akubra Traveler, Akubra International, Borsalino Traveler, Christy's Of London Foldaway. They're all fur felt with elastic sweats.

Hawkhat

New in Town
thanks for the info!

Dumbjaw said:
While the most expensive and collected hats out there have leather sweatbands, I agree with you that an elastic cloth sweatband makes a hat more comfortable by leaps and bounds. When you eventually get to the point where you're searching for a fur felt hat and would like one of equal comfort, remember these models: Akubra Casual, Akubra Traveler, Akubra International, Borsalino Traveler, Christy's Of London Foldaway. They're all fur felt with elastic sweats.

I have a Bailey Aero stingy brim with a cloth sweatband that is very comfortable. Latest acquisition is a Stacy Adama fur felt off ebay...will be posting pics and review.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust