Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have a Huber hat I'm looking to sell

ariellkimm

New in Town
Hi everyone, I believe I have a Huber hat I'm looking to sell, but the only information I could find on it was mentions of it here on the Fedora Lounge. I've attached photos, would anyone be able to tell me more about the hat, its value, and how to best go about selling it?
The only information I have on it is that my cousin gave it to me ~10 years ago after coming back from France. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
Hi everyone, I believe I have a Huber hat I'm looking to sell, but the only information I could find on it was mentions of it here on the Fedora Lounge. I've attached photos, would anyone be able to tell me more about the hat, its value, and how to best go about selling it?
The only information I have on it is that my cousin gave it to me ~10 years ago after coming back from France. Thanks in advance!
You can find information on Aurel Huber here:
https://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/topic/282-aurel-huber-strohhut-fabrik-filz-hutfabrik/

They were specialized in straw hats but did felt hats as well. All the felt hats I've seen by them were from the fifties or sixties. Your hats looks to be from that same period as well. They were very good quality hats, but virtually unknown in the US. It is a common (smallish) size too and it's black. These are all factors that will influence the price negatively, no matter how good the hat actually is. Ebay seems the logical place to sell it, but I wouldn't expect much pricewise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth