Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Trade, is this Kosher?

Tanker

New in Town
Hello All,

A month or so ago I posted a thread about sending a hat into McLaughlin and Hayes in WI to get cropped from a homburg into a snap brim, and they declined, saying they'd rather offer me a trade than cut down the homburg.

Below is the hat they are offering me, its a Stefano, which I'm unfamiliar with. Would you guys trade a vintage Dobbs for this?

Lorne

1000004422.jpg
1000004423.jpg

Attachments

• 1000004424.jpg
    1000004424.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 11
Hello All,

A month or so ago I posted a thread about sending a hat into McLaughlin and Hayes in WI to get cropped from a homburg into a snap brim, and they declined, saying they'd rather offer me a trade than cut down the homburg.

Below is the hat they are offering me, its a Stefano, which I'm unfamiliar with. Would you guys trade a vintage Dobbs for this?

Lorne

View attachment 610995 View attachment 610996
To me there is no right answer. If you like the Stefano, if it appeals to you then make the trade. If you are not planning on wearing the Dobbs but like the Stefano then make the trade. How much did you pay for the Dobbs? Look up the cost of a Stefano for comparative value to help you decide. But really it is only you that can make the decision. McLaughlin is a maker of integrity with a reputation to protect after all is said and done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters