Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty -- There were people who went to jail for pranks like that. It was highly illegal to put things in people's Halloween candy that could harm or kill people, i/e. razor blades in.

I hope this sicko was reported to the authorities and arrested.

That crazy stuff happened at about the time that someone poisioned a number of people putting stricnine in Tylenol, causing that company to have to recall millions of bottle of Tylenol.

The results -- to this day we have tamper proof bottles of meds and vitamins and things that make it so hard to open a container that the only people who can do it easily are the people it was meant to protect: children.

That creep should have gone to jail for the rest of his/her/its life.

karol

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
oii,halloween already,the year went by so fast!!!!!!!

tonight im going to a party in San Clemente beach,so its gonna be uber fun,but i hope my byfriend doesn't start drinking....even one beer will get him annoying and physcopathic.:(

but anyways i hope everyone here has a great halloween!

Vanessa

One Too Many
89726.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I love Halloween! Tonight I'm going to Universal Studios Horror Nights thing, where they make the whole place spooky and have a Leatherface maze (eek!) and people running around scaring you. I'm probably gonna pee my pants!

A lot of my friends are going to West Hollywood, so perhaps if it's not too late by the time we leave Universal I might pop by there as well.

just_me

Practically Family
Anyone know if they still do the costume parade thing at Washington Square park in NYC?

edited to say: I guess they still do. Letterman mentioned it tonight.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pigeon toe said:
I love Halloween! Tonight I'm going to Universal Studios Horror Nights thing, where they make the whole place spooky and have a Leatherface maze (eek!) and people running around scaring you. I'm probably gonna pee my pants!

A lot of my friends are going to West Hollywood, so perhaps if it's not too late by the time we leave Universal I might pop by there as well.

I miss the WeHo parade. The costumes are AMAZING!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Well, Halloween is over, and I don't know about anyone else, but there were hardly any Trick-or-Treaters at our house last night. All night we had three groups, with a total of about fifteen kids. This leads to a ton of candy left over in the cabinet now...

What about others? Was anyone bombarded by Trick-or-Treaters? I just would have assumed there be more activity with it being Friday night...

pigeon toe

One Too Many
ScionPI2005 said:
Well, Halloween is over, and I don't know about anyone else, but there were hardly any Trick-or-Treaters at our house last night. All night we had three groups, with a total of about fifteen kids. This leads to a ton of candy left over in the cabinet now...

What about others? Was anyone bombarded by Trick-or-Treaters? I just would have assumed there be more activity with it being Friday night...

My friends and I were actually discussing recently how Halloween doesn't seem to be a big holiday anymore for kids. Hardly anyone decorated their houses and I didn't really see or hear about any trick-or-treaters. I thought it was just because it's hard to get into the spirit of things in LA because it's 80 degrees out up until Halloween, by my friends who are natives said that people used to go all out, but not anymore.

Which is sad, because Halloween was my favorite holiday ever when I was a kid!

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
Actually, we got tons of kids trick-or-treating last night. Between 6 and 8 pm, there were groups of children knocking at the door at least every five minutes. Most of them very well-costumed, too! We handed out wrapped candy and cans of soda. We threw a dance party and served the good stuff there (baked goods in fun shapes, spiked cider, hot dishes as well, etc). The Halloween spirit is alive and kicking here!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
get_atomized said:
Actually, we got tons of kids trick-or-treating last night. Between 6 and 8 pm, there were groups of children knocking at the door at least every five minutes. Most of them very well-costumed, too! We handed out wrapped candy and cans of soda. We threw a dance party and served the good stuff there (baked goods in fun shapes, spiked cider, hot dishes as well, etc). The Halloween spirit is alive and kicking here!

My friend actually said she noticed the decrease in Halloween-ness occur after 9/11, so maybe that's why you Canadians lucked out! It sounds like you had a really great night! :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
We hand out pencils, along with candy, and we ran out of the nine dozen we had available. We also dumped large handfuls of candy: 950 pieces gone! It was a much better turn-out than we thought it'd be, considering rain was a constant threat. Not a drop. It was a fun night. :)

Lee

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
trick or treating

I do not recall what my mother dressed me Up as on my frist Halloween( I was 1 years old) But I do know this, the Only reason why my mother did it; so she could get my candy.
Then there was the time when I was 6 years Old, A newly Big sister...All Proud and what Not! wanting to take my Baby Sister trick or Treating with me, But she was far too Young. So I settled on going with My daddy. Now My father is a Creative type...he dressed me as the wicked witch of the west....green face and Big Fake putty Nose! it was alot of Fun.
For the last Couple years, I have been dressing up As Joan Crawford(circa early 1940's). Then Last Year I was Dorothy Kilgalen; A dead Dorothy of coures.
Picture this, My face all white, wearing a 1960's Nightgown and Holding a folder of the J.K.F Files.... I'm too creative for my own Good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe