Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
The day is nearly here! Happy Creepy Costume and Candy Day!

JackLt04-1.jpg

JackLt01.jpg

K

kpreed

Thank You.

I hope you have a Great Halloween too ! This is the best time of year to me.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the Halloween wishes everyone...hope everyone else's Halloween is spectacular too! I actually have the night off from work (which is a relief when you work in security), so I'm looking forward to a quiet night at home handing out candy and maybe watching a few movies.

Foofoogal

Banned
I don't celebrate Halloween now but I can remember going into peoples houses to actually get candied apples, homemade cookies and popcorn balls. I also remember as a tween running around with other tweens on Fort Bliss Army base till late with a few pillow cases. Had candy till the next Easter I think. MP's made sure we were ok. Blasted pixy stick guy who killed it all IMHO.
We have surely evolved huh..
So strange to me that people will tell children to not speak to strangers every other day but have them knock on their doors to get candy on Halloween.
If you must, please take them to people you know or structured environments. Just suggesting...

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I envy anyone who answers doors to kids tonight, as we live too far from town for kiddies to be knocking on our door. :(

I also remember receiving home made goodies. And I remember one of my wonderful neighbors on my block putting razor blades and pins in our candy each year. We didn't know the guy and always wondered what all that was about.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Vintage Betty said:
I also remember receiving home made goodies. And I remember one of my wonderful neighbors on my block putting razor blades and pins in our candy each year. We didn't know the guy and always wondered what all that was about.

:eek: You're not serious!

Vintage Betty

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
:eek: You're not serious!

Um...yes, I am. My parents were concerned, but not overly dramatic about it. The first year we found razor blades in our small candy bars, and we thought it was him. The next year we stopped after he gave us our candy and seperated it and checked it out immediately when we got home.

Sure enough, he pushed multiple pins through each candy bar again making it dangerous to kids. He lived about 5 doors up from me. Except for selling girl scout cookies or newspaper subscriptions with my brothers once or twice a year, we never bothered the guy (and his family, if he had one). We never even played on our street in front of our home, because of traffic issues so he couldn't have been bothered by us in any normal way.

I still have no idea why he would do something like that.

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
we just had our first "Trick or Drinkers" stop by. (it's the treats for BIG people)
we're giving away New Glarus "Fat Squirrel" ale :D

Baby_Nae

New in Town
My parents grew up in a really small town. Every year the local restaurant owner would hand out bottles of chocolate soda. Needless to say, that was first stop every Halloween :)

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
Vintage Betty said:
Pictures?
it was really strange... it was 4 little kids, 3 teens, and the parents. the parents were walking with plastic cups of beers, so i asked them if they were "Trick or Drinking." they said yes, so i ran to my fridge and got a couple of Fat Squirrels. then they meandered down the street to the rest of our fair Village.

pic of the beer:
fats.jpg

Miss 1929

Gotta go buy candy!

It's only 4:15 out here...

Happy Halloween!

I will never forget my first one (that I can remember), 1963 - I was three.

I had this little devil outfit with horns and pitchfork, and these totally hip gold lame ankle boots...

My big sister was an angel (not in character!), my big brother was a pirate or a cowboy or something boy-esque...

And as we cut across the empty field by our house, with the moon flying through the ragged clouds and every dog in the universe barking, I got stuck in a mudhole and lost a golden shoe (so Cinderella) and I thought the underworld was eating me... so scary!

We also had one of those "Haunted House" blindfolded things in the backyard, where we took hapless neighbor kids though and told them stories about the dead cat while putting their hands in slimy cold leftovers... Whee!

I like Halloween!

Miss_Bella_Hell

Vintage Betty said:
Um...yes, I am. My parents were concerned, but not overly dramatic about it. The first year we found razor blades in our small candy bars, and we thought it was him. The next year we stopped after he gave us our candy and seperated it and checked it out immediately when we got home.

Sure enough, he pushed multiple pins through each candy bar again making it dangerous to kids. He lived about 5 doors up from me. Except for selling girl scout cookies or newspaper subscriptions with my brothers once or twice a year, we never bothered the guy (and his family, if he had one). We never even played on our street in front of our home, because of traffic issues so he couldn't have been bothered by us in any normal way.

I still have no idea why he would do something like that.

I seem to recall that this was a somewhat common occurrence among crazies, which is why kids only get wrapped candy these days rather than home made goodies. I can't believe it happened to you! Snopes has an entry on it:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/needles.asp

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe