Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAPPY FELT HAT DAY!

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Serial Hero said:
So, by the looks of that ad "Hat Day" was just created as a ploy to get people to buy a new Derby or felt hat on Sept.18th.

Not much question in my mind the "Day" was promoted by hat sellers as a way to get people to buy hats.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Or Saturday...

4993934602_11f3053407.jpg
4993952648_5b1bdecf7b_o.png

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
As I think I stated elsewhere, I view the period between Labor Day and September 15 as a discretionary period. Before that, I really try to avoid standard-weight felts, and after today I really try to avoid straw.

This is me in Michigan, of course, YMMV with geography: I think if I were in the South, though, the entire month of September would be discretionary. I liked the rule from the fellow who said the end of hurricane season was the appropriate time to break out the standard-weight felts.

-Dave

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I too have been wearing felt hats for the better part of the year. I only have three straws currently: A Peters Brothers straw Indy, & two Optimo milan A crowns, one in black & one in blue. I did wear two different felt hats today. Earlier in the day I wore my Crystal Skull Adventurebilt & this afternoon I wore my Ink Optimo porkpie with a back bow.

howardvu

New in Town
We got rain today in Seattle for the first time in what seems like quite a while (we've been blessed with a fairly good summer) so I'm rocking a felt today.

animator

One of the Regulars
I just moved to Seattle and my hats haven't made it here yet... maybe the movers are wearing my felt hats today.

animator

One of the Regulars
Thanks goodness you got out of GA prior to your childrens' elementary education!

lol lol lol I'm an Iowa boy, but my heart belongs to Georgia now... well, and my wife.... and my hats :D

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Happy Felt Hat Day 2011!

It actually received media attention, thanks to a mention by TV's Andy Levy on "Red Eye" last night, although it was a tongue in cheek reference.

Brad

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning folks. The pleasant Fall weather has settled on MN, USA fianlly. Last night we had our first frost warning. Very little frost on the grass and no frost damage to plants, rasberries, tomatoes and the like. I have taken to putting on fleece gloves for the 40' and 50' early morning chores around the property and on the lake. We have ample rain, good temps, and MN "nice" happening. A grand thing I am appreciating every day.

Felts - yup they are being brushed and worn. A couple different I have planned for today (Viscount/Disney/Roberts).

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld