Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Easter Everyone......

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
ValEag said:
I'll chime in with a Happy Easter myself, and am quite thankful that a few online friends can wish each other well on a traditional holiday....I'm very grateful to the FL for allowing us to overcome a PC attitude that has become all to prevalent and enjoy a traditional holiday.

Enjoy your Easter eggs too! :)

Amen! But....aren't you trolling for the cholesterol Nazis? :rolleyes:

ValEag

One of the Regulars
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Amen! But....aren't you trolling for the cholesterol Nazis? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You could be right - how about enjoying your chocolate Easter eggs then! lol

Bingles

A-List Customer
Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Happy Spring, enjoy the sunshine.

I think I covered all the bases. ;)

I was happy to see quite a number of ladies and young girls with new Easter hats or elegant chapel veils for the occasion.

Foofoogal

Banned
I'll sit this one out I am having too much fun in life right now.

Had a wonderful Easter. Loved watching tons of kids like ants devour a hill of 25,000 eggs yesterday and our children and grandchildren made a trip to see us. My birthday is today and they made cake. We had a blast. I have now moved and that was a task but life is good.
I personally thank Jesus Christ for all our blessings.
I have always understood the rules to mean no politics but religion is ok to discuss respectfully of course.
Happy Easter everyone. Don't eat all the childrens candy. lol :D

MCrider

A-List Customer
Andykev said:
Remember, also, some members of The Fedora Lounge only participate in a few areas, like Hats, or SUITS. They don't go to forums that are not their particular interest.QUOTE]

Although I was and am a bit dismayed about moving this thread, because like you said, I usually only go to the Hats forum, at least the post wasn't deleted completely. Other boards I visit would not have been so tolerant and in their dedication to being PC would have deleted it. Having said that, it does amuse me that if I were to say something against an atheist, a minority or some other vocal group I would (rightfully) be censored. But for some reason in America it is PC to do that to Christians.
Andykev - my hat is off to you sir for trying to meet the needs of both sides of the equation.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The move isn't really p.c. - p.c. would be to delete the post.

The move is proper categorization, as this thread has nothing to do with hats. This shouldn't be a fight about personal beliefs or personal offense - this is MK's site, and is run by the bartenders. However, if we're going to have a forum for hats and another forum for general discussion, "Happy Easter" sure seems like a general discussion thread to me.

Holiday wishes don't bother me. The personal sensitivities of others don't bother me. Poor organization bothers me.

Happy Easter from an athiest who likes spending time with family and eating candy. :)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happy everything!

Happy Easter to the Christians.
Happy Passover to the Jews.
Happy belated Milad un Nabi to the Muslims.
Happy early Beltane to the Pagans.
And Happy Spring to everyone, Spring is not religious!

I am wearing a black straw, off the face halo hat with apple blossoms on it to match the black dress with apple blossom print, circa 1929 (what else?).

On break between piano sets at the country club. Many familes here, and everyone is dressed up. Men are required to be in jacket and tie, even the toddlers, ladies are almost all wearing spring dresses, and the little girls are a flower garden. Lots of hats too!

It's nice to see that at least the upper crust still dresses up for Easter!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MCrider said:
Andykev said:
...Having said that, it does amuse me that if I were to say something against an atheist, a minority or some other vocal group I would (rightfully) be censored. But for some reason in America it is PC to do that to Christians.
Andykev - my hat is off to you sir for trying to meet the needs of both sides of the equation.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I don't think it's PC to do that to Christians (and I am an atheist), but at the same time, when a Christian says things like "he died for the sins of all mankind" you are lumping us nonbelievers in there too, so can you see how that would be annoying? I try to take these things in the spirit they are offered in, I know that when a Christian friend says "I'll pray for you" they mean well, even though my first impulse is always to ask them to save it for someone who believes in it.
It is like politics - it is hard to have a civilized discussion on the subject as people get rather hot under the collar on both sides of the fence.
If it were my forum, religion wouldn't be allowed either. As it is not my forum, I have no right to demand it be removed even though it makes me uncomfortable. I try not to let it bother me as it is usually meant well.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
CRH said:
Intelligence, faith, devotion and desire. What more could a God want?

happyeaster1r.jpg

Happy Easter!

What a coincidence! As always,we ate stewed rabbit for Easter. (Really.) :eusa_clap

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
feltfan said:
But for now I will simply say that this is just the sort
of lack of sensitivity to non-christians that I am objecting to.

Feltfan, why would a non-Christian (or non-Jew) find this thread --whose sole original intent, purpose and function were to celebrate Easter and Passover-- interesting enough to look at, let alone feel offended by it? It's sort of like a vegetarian complaining that a thread entitled "I like meat" is not up on vegetarianism. :rolleyes:

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I'm late to this thread, didn't see it in Hats when it was there, but I hope all the Christians had a beautiful Easter and I hope all the Jews are still having a joyous Passover. (and aren't sick of matzo yet, lol)

Have a great spring, everyone!

Now, off to see if ladies' Easter hats I eyed before the holiday are on sale now... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe