Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Combs

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Cute combs

My mom sent me these for Christmas, they are really pretty and I want to wear them, but how???

Any ladies want to post some pics of your hairstyles with combs so I can get an idea?
2009_0120ttp0006.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
They're all very beautiful and they'd be great for me because curls around the sides of my face do me no favor but a couple of combs could solve that problem. Unfortunately, I only have a pair of interlocking ones.

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Laura Chase said:
When I had longer hair (as I can see you have), I used to do a side parting and wear a comb on one side. See this, this and this for examples.

Thanks....those looks are nice. My hair is much shorter now, about shoulder length, so I think it will look even better, maybe with some soft big curls like you have in the pics

Emer

One of the Regulars
Dracca said:
These may not be as plain as what you are looking for (or maybe they would in the more neutral color). Usually I use combs from my collection of Art Deco hair stuff but I found these the other day at Wal-Mart and just love them for an everyday type of thing...and for places that I may be walking around all day and don't really want to take a real 1920's piece out for. They come 2 to a pack, I got the grey and blue, they also had a rose color and hmm, I can't remember the other color.

combs.jpg

Anyway, they are metal and were very inexpensive, hold well, I want to say around $4 to $7 a pack, as I bought a few barettes, etc. in the same style so I can't remember exactly the cost of each specific product but they should not be much. You can see the size there in relation to my fingers.

Those are very lovely! I was so surprised when you said Wal-Mart! They really look like they could have been found at an antique store or estate sale.

Dracca, are those your nails or acryllics? If they are your real nails, I'm jealous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe