Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys in clogs.

Max52

New in Town
l am a big fan of wearing wooden clogs. l have a good friend which is a brillant sculptor/carver, he has done the clogs for me for many years.

l love to wear clogs with a suit.:D

Does anyone else wear clogs to work or at home?

Wear can l buy clogs on the internet?

lt may be unusual but l like them. They last a long time and are comfortable.

missjo

Practically Family
Im from the Netherlands...I hardly see any clogs anywhere...mind you if you want some i'll buy some on the local market and sell them to you for a fortune making a nice profit...we Dutch like making money ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Clogs

I've been asking for a pair for Christmas for two years. I want the open back Swedish version that I can slide into to take the dog out. Mrs. Me has several pair and loves them. I think chefs wear them for comfort at the range.

But probably not with any better clothes out-and-about.

Welcome to the Lounge, MissJoeri.

matei

One Too Many
Brian May is a well known clog wearer... But I don't think he wears his with a suit.

I don't think I'd go for that look myself, but if that is what floats your boat...

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Not for Range Wear

You'll get too many stickers in your socks (assuming you wear them) if you wear them on the range. With Suits? Not for me. But some of the people I see wearing shorts, well.....................I guess its a free country!! Why not Gators!!! You could have a great color choice. White would go with about everything!!! I guess a nice suit, nice fedora, and clogs? Everyones attention would be drawn from your hat to your shoes when they heard you walking.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I can't say that it's a style I would choose...there is some evidence that this type of shoe was worn with a suit in the "Golden Era". I have a book of 1930s photographs which shows very poor factory workers wearing wooden shoes. They were that eras version of the steel toe.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Clogs were a working shoe in the North of England too- Yorkshire.
You can get steel cap clogs here in Scandinavia...

Clogs were also a safety item in that they didn't cause sparks or damage. Welders and Foundry workers used them in the early to mid C20th.

There used to be a BBC TV show in the '70s called 'Family at War'- set in WW2 England- they were the Sefton family.

B
T font.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth