Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I just received a teaser email from Gustin that what appears to be a beige jean jacket will be available next week. Hope the sleeves will be long enough.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Waxed canvas even better, similar to what Filson makes. Will definitely work for me if the sleeves are not too short.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I was bit sceptical about the jackets, but seeing that now, I like it. Certainly something I'll think about come the spring. Matt, do you know if the sweatshirts are on the horizon?

mattface

Practically Family
Actually, I was bit sceptical about the jackets, but seeing that now, I like it. Certainly something I'll think about come the spring. Matt, do you know if the sweatshirts are on the horizon?

I assume they are on the horizon, they've shown us a plenty of prototypes, but I do not know WHERE or more specifically when. I'm quite anxious to get one. I have one from Lands End that is Made in USA from great fabric, but fits like a potato sack, and one from JC Penny's JCP line that fits nice, but is not of the best fabric, nor particularly well made. I'm hoping for one from Gustin that manages to be both a great cut, and a high quality garment.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Do you all block my posts or something. I posted a link to the jacket a page ago and nobody said anything, now mattface posts the same pic and everyone is like whoaa!

Whats going on :D

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
They also sday its gonna go up next week, but maybe you dont see this post either :D

1538951_744364358926458_1339102171_n.jpg

1479497_744364355593125_54934404_n.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Lol. Sorry Griff. I think it's because it came around in the group post-out that we noticed it this time. Mind you, that little hand-signed 'thank you' card Gustin has sent out to all its customers was a nice touch, so may be I'm just feeling well-disposed to them. :D

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Another guy happy with Gustin customer service here. The delay in the last Super Heavy lot meant my pair wasn't going to reach me before I left for an extended overseas trip. Contacted Gustin to discuss changing shipping address & ask about extra charges for overseas shipping, and they volunteered to ship my jeans for no extra cost halfway across the world.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's good to hear 2 wheels, my indigos were 2 months late, but was concerned that they weren't appearing in any updates etc, and no communication at all...they did arrive, and was happy with them. The hardest bit was that I didn't even know if they would fit, and I wanted to order more! I will buy off them again, the shirts don't fit me, I'm happy with my belt and jeans though...good service to send them for you...I like hearing that sort of thing...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Never know how something will fit until it arrives, and sometimes not even then. When my slim fit Okayama's first arrived, I thought the jeans were way too stiff and bit me like a sonnavab**** in the crotch. My wife hated the way the Okayama's looked. NOW, my wife says they are the best looking of all my jeans, and they are very comfortable to wear at this point. So, the moral is to have a bit of patience if your new Gustins don't look and feel all that great to you initially.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Anyone have any idea of pricing on the jacket? What does a jacket like that cost elsewhere? G seems to be a little under half the normal price on other items.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
So basically half is $100 - 130 then. But I think they will set it higher tho, like 150 maybe. Some jeans have been towards $130.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Griff, the pricing might be closer to $200, depending on Gustin's cost of materials and labor. We'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe