Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glock in Jacket Pistol Pocket (?)

Trouser Bark

Familiar Face
I normally carry a G43 or G48 w/ an IWB kydex holster. I have a new Vanson coming and am wondering if any of you have used a pistol pocket for its intended application and have a comment on their efficacy. Specifically, a Glock w/out a holster is a pistol w/out much of a safety and I'd like to know how you carry one safely in that pocket.

Similarly, does the jacket sag when you put that much weight in the pocket?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't carry off body if it was at all preventable.. that said if the jacket pocket was the only option, I would expect the weight in the pocket to be noticeable to those who pay attention to those things.

...which Vanson has a "pistol pocket" - whatever even that is?? I don't recall that even their actual law enforcement jackets have anything intended for such a purpose..

Trouser Bark

Familiar Face
...which Vanson has a "pistol pocket" - whatever even that is?? I don't recall that even their actual law enforcement jackets have anything intended for such a purpose..
It's a $65 modification to any jacket you're willing to pay the 15% custom fee for. I'm unaware of any Vanson that comes w/ that pocket as standard.

It's a $65 modification to any jacket you're willing to pay the 15% custom fee for. I'm unaware of any Vanson that comes w/ that pocket as standard.

Ooh, right, it's that gigantic leather lined pocket.
All their cop jackets have it by default - Or at least that used to be the case.

It's a fussy pocket. Too deep and not easily accessible. Holster, belt, you done.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first Vanson, a CHP, came with that pocket. I agree with Boyo that it would probably be better to carry on your body, that way if it gets too hot, you can take your jacket off without worrying about your pistol.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
Yeah, leaving your piece in your jacket hanging on a chair in a bar while going to a john....don't want this to happen.

Very rarely do I carry in the “gun pocket” of my Vanson, both jackets and a vest. Much prefer the pistol on my waist or in a sling I practice with.

Another reason a gun pocket may not be worth it- normally Vanson lines them in leather, which takes up space and can alter how the jacket/vest visually looks when worn. I wish I hadn’t ordered the pocket on custom vest and jacket.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
IMG_6905.jpeg
Surprised to see this

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I normally carry a G43 or G48 w/ an IWB kydex holster. I have a new Vanson coming and am wondering if any of you have used a pistol pocket for its intended application and have a comment on their efficacy. Specifically, a Glock w/out a holster is a pistol w/out much of a safety and I'd like to know how you carry one safely in that pocket.

Similarly, does the jacket sag when you put that much weight in the pocket?

If you do it you shouldn't without a pocket holster. Especially a striker fired gun; Glock belly doesn't sound great.

The pocket is sized for a 1911 so it's actually way too big for most things lol.

A good chunk of the models do, except the cafe racers of course. But as mentioned above they're sized for a 1911 so they're massive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1