Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Paddy, The JHS Durit Crystal Velour is heavily worn and missing the liner but still really fantastic (also a 58cm). How is the sweatband? I am not aware of Koch Velour. Would it be possible to take photos of the sweatband logos? It has a super look and appears to be in good condition. Is the last one a VEB Luckenwalder Hutfabrik? It looks like the same exact model and color as mine.

It is indeed a veb luckenwalde hutfabrik a lot of surface moth bites, the sweatband is still pretty good it looks as thouh something has been seen into it to make it smaller, I will get you more photos of the black velour on Monday when I'm back in the office! I wish I did get some 60/61 I'm boarder line 60 so always struggle I normally get about 1 60 in ever 20kg of hats! Always size 56, 57 so frustrating !!

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Hello gents,

Can you give a reasoned age estimate on this Mayser Homburg? (BTW I really like the bow treatment.)

Thanks!

SAM_5898.jpg

SAM_5896.jpg

It is indeed a veb luckenwalde hutfabrik a lot of surface moth bites, the sweatband is still pretty good it looks as thouh something has been seen into it to make it smaller, I will get you more photos of the black velour on Monday when I'm back in the office! I wish I did get some 60/61 I'm boarder line 60 so always struggle I normally get about 1 60 in ever 20kg of hats! Always size 56, 57 so frustrating !!

Sorry about the VEB Luckenwalder Hutfabrik Velour. Mine is in great condition and one of my favorites (great finish and color). Looking forward to additional photos of the Koch Velour. Would it be possible to take photos of the JHS Durit's underside and sweatband?

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
My fleamarket scores from Saturday!
Wegener Homburger Cornet, probably from the 50s-early 60s size 56
Condition is perfect!

lg9v.jpg

The second one, also a Wegener but a Colonel with a unusual shape! 50s early 60s condition also perfect!
I guess the same preowner but in size 55

1zyf.jpg

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Hi Steve sorry for the delay getting these photos up

The durit sold that day I last posted and is now somewhere in the USA,

but here are the photos of the other velour it is 100% the softest velour I have felt.
11189406294_78014b6a3c_c.jpg

11189400694_2527468de5_c.jpg

11189402364_de446e0ce9_c.jpg

11189405266_f07bd72f7c_c.jpg

Paddy, Thank you for taking the additional photos. The only thing I could find is that Otto Koch Velourhutfabrik was located in Miesbach. I found some other Otto Koch Velours while Googling and they were all Miesbacher Trachtenhut style. I tend to think early 50s but it could be older (based on script). It does look like great Velour. What size is it?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg