Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gate City Hat Company

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I found the pics that I took of the repairs!! They're not flattering, by any means, but I did try to get the worst of the broken straw and seams. Check it out...

Here you can see the old paper backing that dried up and crumbled. I suppose I can cut a new backing and adhere it to the liner to prevent it from sagging...

IMG_2577.jpg

I tried to pull this break open like a clam shell to get a better image...

IMG_2581.jpg

More breaks. Again, the hat was broken approx. 3/4 all the way around...

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

Repair stitching. This was very tedious, because I could only advance so much to keep the seam secure...

IMG_2580.jpg

One of the more prominent breaks which was located towards the front of the hat. I had to gently remove the excess glue with an X-Acto knife so that it wouldn't poke behind the grosgrain ribbon...

IMG_2579.jpg

RJR

I found the pics that I took of the repairs!! They're not flattering, by any means, but I did try to get the worst of the broken straw and seams. Check it out...

Here you can see the old paper backing that dried up and crumbled. I suppose I can cut a new backing and adhere it to the liner to prevent it from sagging...

IMG_2577.jpg

I tried to pull this break open like a clam shell to get a better image...

IMG_2581.jpg

More breaks. Again, the hat was broken approx. 3/4 all the way around...

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

Repair stitching. This was very tedious, because I could only advance so much to keep the seam secure...

IMG_2580.jpg

One of the more prominent breaks which was located towards the front of the hat. I had to gently remove the excess glue with an X-Acto knife so that it wouldn't poke behind the grosgrain ribbon...

IMG_2579.jpg
Looks like a very good repair to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe