Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gary from Buffalo, you're on the air...

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I doubt Gary will be moving any time soon Lucky, he has a daughter in college and two elderly parents that he needs to take care of ( or at least be available for). I've talked to him about it several times and encouraged him to relocate to the west coast but until his obligations are settled, it's Buffalo for him.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
I doubt Gary will be moving any time soon Lucky, he has a daughter in college and two elderly parents that he needs to take care of ( or at least be available for). I've talked to him about it several times and encouraged him to relocate to the west coast but until his obligations are settled, it's Buffalo for him.
Good. Maybe not for Gary, but certainly for the City of Buffalo - it needs to retain as much of its character as possible. And one thing about Gary, he's definitely rife with character (and I mean that in a GOOD way).

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
As we get busier the wait times increase. Longer wait times personally make me nervous.
Art, the longer wait times makes me tranquil...that way I`m not having to think of the next order and can enjoy the anticipation of the one being waited for...lol :eek:

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Art, the longer wait times makes me tranquil...that way I`m not having to think of the next order and can enjoy the anticipation of the one being waited for...lol :eek:

lol lol I have to agree. If I could get a VS in just a few days like a catalog item I would be sleeping in the garage, no doubt. It seems like a quality product is self advertising, especially these days.

kskentucky

New in Town
Ordred a Gary White hat

Hi,First time posting on the lounge.Looks like a great website.I ordered a Fedora from Gary last week.He showed me around his shop,talked about hats he made for the movies,and answered all the questions I had.It was just a great experience!!Anyway I should be getting my hat in November,cant wait.I'm also thinking about having him make me a Johnny Ringo hat in brown. ken

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
kskentucky said:
Hi,First time posting on the lounge.Looks like a great website.I ordered a Fedora from Gary last week.He showed me around his shop,talked about hats he made for the movies,and answered all the questions I had.It was just a great experience!!Anyway I should be getting my hat in November,cant wait.I'm also thinking about having him make me a Johnny Ringo hat in brown. ken
Welcome aboard! I'm a former, looking to get back to, Buffalonian and a hat man! Hope to see some pics ASAP!

Bingles

A-List Customer
I don't know how I managed to miss this thread! I actually just returned from Mr. White's store today!! I ordered a custom hat from him in August, went for my second fitting last week, and it should be ready later this week/early next week. The reason for my visit today.... ordering ANOTHER hat (a Christmas gift from my folks).

Guys, I can't say enough how fantastic Gary White is at his profession. I absolutely love spending time in his shop, looking at what he has done, and chatting with him. He is a true gentleman, and a master artist in his craft. I am blown away by the outstanding work that he does, and his attention to detail and quality.

I am so honored to have met him, and placed orders for hats. Buffalo doesn't have too much to offer these days, but I'm so proud to call Gary White one of our own!!

Bingles

A-List Customer
Forgot to mention....

1.) You do not have to travel to Buffalo to order a hat from Gary White. You can send snap shots of your head from various angles, as well as a circumference, and he'll know how to make the perfect fit for you. Style, felt, color etc can be worked out over the phone. (He doesn't do e-mail... he'd need a full time secretary if he did!!)

2.) I noticed there are a few Buffalo area loungers out there... HIT ME UP SOMETIME!!! My e-mail is: justmemv@hotmail.com. I thought I was the only lounger here (in Buffalo)!!

Bingles

A-List Customer
My Gary White Custom

I just picked up my new hat today... I am still so excited about it!!!

It's a 100% beaver fur, three point pork pie. The black ribbon and trim don't show up as well as I would like due to the flash.. but hopefully you can make out the awesome bow.

This is the best fitting hat, and by far the best QUALITY hat I have ever worn. I can't say enough about it, or the WONDERFUL service that Gary White provides. He is a true artist, and a gentleman to boot!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

100_1266.jpg

100_1267.jpg

100_1268.jpg

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Bingles said:
I just picked up my new hat today... I am still so excited about it!!!

It's a 100% beaver fur, three point pork pie. The black ribbon and trim don't show up as well as I would like due to the flash.. but hopefully you can make out the awesome bow.

This is the best fitting hat, and by far the best QUALITY hat I have ever worn. I can't say enough about it, or the WONDERFUL service that Gary White provides. He is a true artist, and a gentleman to boot!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

100_1266.jpg

SWEET hat Bingles! That looks absolutely awesome...and I know you've been waiting for some time for it! we've gotta see it on your head!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S