Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: New Motor Dress Engineer Boots Antique brown Italian Horsebutt US9

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
650€ shipped worldwide (EU, US, Canada, other countries upon request). Still new and unworn

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Bump - since my Summer vacation will be starting on July 26th, I prefer to ship within EU latest on next Tuesday. If someone from overseas is interested I can arrange shipping from August 19th. For such expensive items I prefer to deal with members who have been in the forum for some time (thank you for your understanding).

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
@all: 650€ is the best price shipped worldwide (countries upon request). Boots are new and unworn. I don’t get any lower.

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
Don't see what's the issue with negotiating price. Your listing doesn't appear to say "price is firm" but I'll keep that in mind going forward

KBlake

One Too Many
I sent a message to you before but other sellers do need to be aware that you try to negotiate even lowest prices….
Dude, I asked what your best price was, you told me, and when I said it was too high for me you flipped out. A normal person would just move on but you are warning people that someone couldn't afford the price you listed? Something is wrong with you. I wouldn't do business with someone like you if you were selling them for half the price. I have bought and sold here for years and yes, people negotiate on here CONSTANTLY.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Where did I mention that price is negotiable? I paid 1000€ incl shipping and tax and duty and 650€ incl expensive insured shipping to California is more than fair for brand new high quality horsehide boots. You should have asked for the price before you asked me many sizing questions and not after I spent time to figure out sizing information I originally sent to Motor Japan….

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
Where did I mention that price is negotiable? I paid 1000€ incl shipping and tax and duty and 650€ incl expensive insured shipping to California is more than fair for brand new high quality horsehide boots. You should have asked for the price before you asked me many sizing questions and not after I spent time to figure out sizing information I originally sent to Motor Japan….
I can agree here, it's poor form to ask a bunch of questions and then try and negotiate price if it wasn't negotiable in the first place

KBlake

One Too Many
I can agree here, it's poor form to ask a bunch of questions and then try and negotiate price if it wasn't negotiable in the first place
Like you said yourself, he never said the price was firm in the listing. I didn't try to negotiate the price, I simply said I needed to pass as it was too expensive for me.

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Personally I don’t mind answering a lot of questions even if I sense the person isn’t a serious buyer but when someone makes u an offer that u accept, asks for a shipping quote and then changes their mind, that pisses me off. If someone makes me a ridiculous offer I usually just ignore them. Hope u guys work things out. 650 for those boots Is an excellent deal.

Last edited:

RedAries

New in Town
Bump - since my Summer vacation will be starting on July 26th, I prefer to ship within EU latest on next Tuesday. If someone from overseas is interested I can arrange shipping from August 19th. For such expensive items I prefer to deal with members who have been in the forum for some time (thank you for your understanding).
They look great and are an amazing deal I wish I had a smaller foot to get these

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Last line of the ad?

“Please feel free to ask me any question.”

Maybe not ANY question.
@The Lost Cowboy
It looks like you were in the discussion loop and can judge my business practices well ;)
People who know me well here do know that I'm answering to any question and that I've been an honest seller and buyer for 9 years. Fortunately in only very rare cases (99% forum members I know are very nice and fair) I just ask myself if it's maybe better to donate something rather than negotiating an already fair/low price (for brand new boots) and avoiding comments like "go and take your medication". But that's just my point of view and everyone is different.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
@The Lost Cowboy
It looks like you were in the discussion loop and can judge my business practices well ;)

You’re the one who invited the entire Fedora Lounge into your “discussion loop”.

If you don’t want this kind of the scrutiny, then don’t invite everyone in. Just like if you don’t mean “any question”, then it makes sense not to say “any question”.

The entire discussion is petty, I don’t intend to respond further. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heatshimmer