Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Late 30s early 40s Goatskin Sunburst Half Belt with Art Deco buckles

AHP91

One Too Many
Up for grabs we have an incredibly rare and beautiful find - a late 1930s/early 1940s goatskin leather half-belt jackets with art deco buckles. During their heyday, these jackets defined utility and style - crafted as durable and fashionable outerwear for laborers, outdoorsmen, and motorcyclists.

Absolutely incredible details on this jacket - art deco engraved cinches, incredibly sunburst pattern, all on beautiful brown goatskin leather, and beautiful patterned twill cloth inside the chest pocket. Smaller collar as typically seen on these early jackets in the 1930s/early 40s. All pockets remain intact. Reproductions of these jackets from high end makers cannot equal the uniqueness and quality of these original productions.

Furthermore, an original receipt from 1945 was found inside the chest pocket. This great piece of history will be included with the jacket.

The jacket is all original but will require some work if you so choose. In particular, there are some stitches that have come undone at the shoulders, the lining is a bit tattered, and the original Talon zipper works but only zips about 70% of the way up. The leather is overall quite solid with some minor dry spots but no significant damage. All these blemishes are to be expected on a piece of leather workwear that is approximately 90 years old.

Please see pictures for measurements. Please note that this is a true vintage piece and minor wear marks and spots should be expected. Any significant damage will be exhibited and noted.

This incredible jacket will be quickly shipped upon payment. Please note that I have done my best to exhibit this great jacket as you will receive it. If you have any questions, please reach out and I will be happy to answer. Please also note that I am not a professional clothier and the opinions written are my own based on significant research and handling of this matter.

The price is 325 shipped in the continental U.S. for the jacket.
Picture 1 of 24
Picture 2 of 24

Picture 5 of 24
Picture 4 of 24
Picture 6 of 24

Picture 7 of 24
Picture 8 of 24

Picture 9 of 24
Picture 10 of 24
Picture 11 of 24

Forum statistics

Threads