Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Freewheelers Mulholland 42" in Black - $2500

whitebananafarmer

New in Town
Hi all, it's with much regret that I have to sell what I thought was a grail jacket for me.

After a year or so of scouring the internet, I finally found a FW Mulholland in my size which is 42". This jacket was purchased from an Asian reseller for $2500 a month or two back, so to be clear I am not the original owner. Unfortunately, it just doesn't fit well and so I am forced to sell it. It's not the wrong size for me; the cut of the jacket simply doesn't suit my body sadly.

My asking price is $2500, the exact price that I paid for it - not looking to make any money here, just to pass along a potentially grail jacket to someone else who really wants it. I'm going to take a loss obviously on shipping and UK customs. The item will ship from London most likely, although an American buyer will likely get it shipped from America (I will give it to my parents to ship in-person when they visit me).

The measurements (see pictures in first post):

Chest: 22"
Shoulder: 18.5"
Back length from collar: just slightly below 25"
Sleeve (see pic for how I measured - the Aero way): 25"

The jacket is in my opinion excellent condition. The leather feels broken in but everything seems to be in pristine condition. I couldn't find anything at all to be an issue, and the lining looks totally fine with no visible wear. See pictures below:

2024-06-30 17.47.16.jpg

2024-06-30 17.47.27.jpg

2024-06-30 17.47.40.jpg

2024-06-30 17.47.55.jpg

2024-06-30 17.48.05.jpg

2024-06-30 17.48.15.jpg

2024-06-30 17.48.28.jpg

As for how it looks on someone, here's a few pics of it on me. I've circled my main fit issue (other than sleeves being very slightly long), which is that the cut of the jacket simply isn't for someone who has very sloped and forward shoulders like me. I don't think this would be a problem for most of the population, and I think I'm probably in like the top (bottom???) 10% of people in terms of shoulder slope (genetic) and maybe in the top 25% or so of forward shoulders (probably some combination of sitting in front of a computer for ~2 decades as well as some imbalanced weightlifting). This results in my shoulder really not lining up with the jacket and so I have massive divots in the back of the shoulders - it's much worse in real life than it is in the picture below.

2024-06-30 17.51.52.jpg

2024-06-30 17.51.55.jpg

2024-06-30 17.52.03.jpg

To be continued in first post do to picture limitation...

Last edited:

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
Don't mean to derail your FS thread, but fwiw, the fit on your mulholland looks great to me. I think we sometimes spend too much time on here and IG looking at the "perfect" fits - and then pick on minor stuff. I'm certainly guilty of this sometimes.

All this to say - I think you focused on a non-issue imo. If you didn't circle that shoulder and throw out your shoulder stats, I never woulda thought "this guy skips shoulder day" lol
I would reconsider selling it and just enjoy wearing the jacket.

Anyway, end of the day most of this crap is subjective, if you're not feeling it over a $2.5k purchase - then it's not worth it.

whitebananafarmer

New in Town
I do appreciate the comments and kind words. However, I disagree - a few other pics of the shoulders. I'm really not doing anything here with the arm, this is very close to just the natural angle. There's some very distinct pulling and lines / folds.

2024-06-30 22.31.56.jpg

2024-06-30 22.32.19.jpg

2024-06-30 22.32.56.jpg

That's not the only thing - the armholes are a bit too high for me, and the sleeve is just slightly too tight (again I do work out). Finally, it's just a bit too long / the bottom hem is too big for me.

To everyone's point, none of this is necessarily backbreaking individually, but putting it all together for the $2500 price I think I can do a lot better. The shoulders are just not for me. Really, I just think the cut of the jacket is not suited for my body type (while at the same time I acknowledge that I have a pretty difficult to fit body type, I can't buy suits off the rack either due to the shoulder thing). For example, the chest still feels slightly tight on me despite the measurements while a Rainbow Country A-2 with a chest of only 21.5" still feels roomier. I think it will find a much better home elsewhere. I do enjoy my jackets and have ~20 or so... I just don't think this would get any wear, so it has to go! Hope someone else enjoys it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg