Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formal Wear Primer

Edward

Bartender
I thought that a nosegay is the flower(s) itself. I am talking about the silver-colored cone, about 2 inches long and about a half inch in diameter at the wide end, that the flower is put into.

HMn. Digging around suggests that technically it is the flower itself is the nosegay (common usage in my circles has always been to refer to the whole thing or the vase as a nosegay). Can't find any alternative other than 'nosegay holder' or 'boutonniere vase', though. If what you're looking for is a keyword to hunt one out to buy, both of those have plenty of returns on Etsy.

dnjan

One Too Many
HMn. Digging around suggests that technically it is the flower itself is the nosegay (common usage in my circles has always been to refer to the whole thing or the vase as a nosegay). Can't find any alternative other than 'nosegay holder' or 'boutonniere vase', though. If what you're looking for is a keyword to hunt one out to buy, both of those have plenty of returns on Etsy.
Thanks! Searching for boutonniere vase worked.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks! Searching for boutonniere vase worked.

Excellent. :) Look forward to seeing what you get. (As an aside, isn't it interesting how, owing to keywords being such a thing, the internet is pulling us in the direction of having defined terminology for so many things that haven't really had a strictly defined name or parameter before?)

Faux Brummell

Familiar Face
A few more formal wear adventures from the relatively recent past.

IMG_9112.jpeg
IMG_1201.jpeg
IMG_0999.jpeg
image.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123