Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forged hat hook for fedoras

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
When I'm not sewing, I run a blacksmithing shop, Iron Bay Forge. I just finished a hat hook made from a railroad spike that was inspired by a vintage hat rack that was in a friend's house. The hat part of the hook is tall and is far from the wall, so the hat is kept away from the wall (no need to flip the brim), and doesn't rest at an angle against the coat. The wide head of the spike gives a better rest without a risk of deforming the hat like a regular hat hook. There's also a smaller hook for the coat on the bottom.

SAM_3258_zpscd68e4be.jpg

SAM_3263_zps68c47183.jpg

SAM_3262_zpse60e7091.jpg

This one's for sale in my Etsy shop, but I've got a 5 gallon bucket full of spikes if anybody here is interested. I can twist the arm of the hook or alter the design if needed as well.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, gents :)

I'm asking $35 +$4.50 shipping to the US (international determined by location). Fancier designs would be a little more, depending on what they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123