Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

rue

That is nothing new really. The Romans used to stuff a goat inside a pig inside a cow. I don't even know what name they would give that today. The romans would try anything.
Some guy just showed up at the butcher with a wierd request that took off with the turducken. Hard to roast a Goigcow in todays ovens. :p

I don't even want to know what that would look like :eeek:

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I'm so taking a trip with you Sarge...

Push come to shove, all my hobbies can be devolved to one . . . food! Now Plano is a bit out of my way, though I do have friends who live there, but we're fairly regular down Kimble way. I heartily recommend Stone Ledge Ranch. It's my kind of resort. Others may like spas or the tropics but give me a deer stand followed by a full bar and outstanding Texas cooking and I'm one happy camper. Nom!

Justin B

One Too Many
That's not too far off.

I used to do most of my hunting either in the Ranger/Breckenridge, TX area or up in the panhandle off the caprock. My family has land in both places.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
No, no tofurkey.
I work with a Vegan that told me he has a mold to make one, even a mold for "ribs."
Oddly enough I've given him pecan wood to smoke the fake meats.
You'd need a big over for a goigcow, or a really big grill.
Springsteen? Eww. I'm a metal person myself.

The Asian supermarket near me carries vegetarian chicken and pork made out of soy. However, it's a kind of sickly pale color that doesn't look very appetizing -- especially the "pork."

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'd rather eat tofu than a fast food burger. :)
This is of course along the lines of a black bean burger, although I imagine that might be better.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
VC that's the brand my dad gets at Costco.
If he offers me one for free, I'll try it.
Actually I eat a lot healthier than I used to, but we don't do an all veggie night, that will never happen.
Tomasso, what about vinyl flooring that looks like wood flooring? :)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've only lived in one house that had a large vinyl floor.
I have a small kitchen with about 6ft of vinyl flooring.
The rest of the house is carpet covered wood floors.
Goes with the wood panels in den. :)
Natural textiles looks great.
I'll add shag to this list.
Hate shag, stops up the vacuum.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'll add shag to this list. Hate shag, stops up the vacuum.
Don't know about the maintenance......but I did have some great times rolling around naked with pretty girls on shag carpets back in the day :)..............and BTW, shag is back......at least that's what an interior designer told me a while back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe