Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Vintage Borsalino Featherweight Fedora, 7 1/4, Made in Italy

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
This is one of the nicest Borsalinos (Borsalini?) I've ever seen. The medium-gray felt is extremely thin and holds a crease well. The brim is 2 ½” wide; the ribbon is 1 ¼: wide; and the russet leather sweatband is 2” wide (and feels great). Although its tag reads “5 1/2”, it fits like a slightly large size 7 ¼ US (about a 58.5 Euro).

Condition is excellent. Felt and sweatband have no damage or imperfections whatsoever. The ribbon has a few creases in it, which could probably be smoothed out with a little steam. The satin lining shows some discoloration typical of hats of its age (50s or 60s?), and there is small triangular tear (about 1/16”) in the middle of the logo picture.

I bought this hat new about 9 years ago from a long-standing member of the Fedora Lounge. I don’t wear it so much anymore because it’s just a tad large for me, so I’d like to pass it on to someone else who appreciates fine fedoras. Selling for $180 shipped within the USA. Prefer payment through PayPal.

Attachments

• Borsolino 01a.JPG
    Borsolino 01a.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Borsolino 02.jpg
    Borsolino 02.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • Borsolino 03.jpg
    Borsolino 03.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • Borsolino 04.jpg
    Borsolino 04.jpg