Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale/Trade: Rolling Dub Trio Casper in Natural Chromexcel, size 7H

kenlohty

Familiar Face
Size: 7H (or 7.5)
Condition: Like New
Wears: 1
Price: 650 (I can ship anywhere, happy to work something out)

*open to trades in similar condition RDT (Roots, Casper in 7) or other similar boots*

I bought these new online for took a gamble on sizing as you do with these Japanese boot makers but alas the gamble did not pay off. The boots are incredibly made and feel substantial in hand. The leather feels incredible. I have worn these once for an entire day and am saddened that they do not fit me well. The boots fit but not well enough for me to keep them. They come with everything you’d expect when purchasing from retailers such as S&S and Butterscotch. They are very hard to come by especially in this size, I haven’t been able to find anything online since I purchased these. There’s currently a very long wait with RDT boots.

I have read that you should size down 1.5 from Brannock, 0.5 down from Redwings and 2 down from Brannock for a snug fit. I am sad that these don’t fit as I was hoping to wear them till they patina. I am hoping to sell them or trade them for a size tagged 7.

Sizing:
For reference, I am 9D Brannock and wear 8D in Redwing 2996. For other footwear; I wear 41 in Guidi, Common Projects, Paraboots and Golden Goose. I wear US9 for my New Balance 574 and 650. These fit a bit longer than I would like.

Retail: USD 820

Here are some features of the boots:
- Horween natural CXL cowhide (finished in Japan)
- Italian Kip Lining (finished in Japan)
- 360 degree Goodyear welt
- Cork outsole
- Reinforced "Toe tap" made from Belgian leather & iron
- The Boots Factory AR heel
- Wholecut silhouette
- Brass zipper

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_2661.jpeg

IMG_2663.jpeg

IMG_2672.jpeg

IMG_2670.jpeg

IMG_2671.jpeg

IMG_2673.jpeg

IMG_2662.jpeg

IMG_2664.jpeg

Last edited:

JesseRiu

New in Town
Sorry to hear it didn't fit. I'm a 9.5D brannock and got an 8.5 and it fits almost perfectly, very slightly on the larger side but fits like a glove with any type of thick socks. The boots does collapse a bit after a while and the creases will bend the shoes a bit lower. Where is it not fitting correctly? EIther way, hope you can work something out with these with someone!

kenlohty

Familiar Face
Sorry to hear it didn't fit. I'm a 9.5D brannock and got an 8.5 and it fits almost perfectly, very slightly on the larger side but fits like a glove with any type of thick socks. The boots does collapse a bit after a while and the creases will bend the shoes a bit lower. Where is it not fitting correctly? EIther way, hope you can work something out with these with someone!
Thanks man! Really glad yours fit great! I like my boots snug and followed the sizing guide and went 1.5 sizes down my Brannock and even then I find it to be just ever so slightly long! Maybe my feet are weird but they just aren’t working well! Tried them on around the house and they feel a tad big; perhaps of my low instep, my feet feel like they are sloshing around.

How does yours fit in terms of length with regards to your Brannock?

JesseRiu

New in Town
definitely fit a bit bigger but I enjoy the little extra room to be honest, don't think my foot was swimming in them or anything. but the boot will form rolls especially on the instep area and collapse onto your foot throughout use. I've heard people even going 1 full size down and feeling a bit tight. Definitely a weird thing with fits. Maybe you can wear them around a bit more to see if they form a bit better. cxl tends to mold and shape pretty quickly but might affect your resale price due to the quick aging and scuffing.

kenlohty

Familiar Face
definitely fit a bit bigger but I enjoy the little extra room to be honest, don't think my foot was swimming in them or anything. but the boot will form rolls especially on the instep area and collapse onto your foot throughout use. I've heard people even going 1 full size down and feeling a bit tight. Definitely a weird thing with fits. Maybe you can wear them around a bit more to see if they form a bit better. cxl tends to mold and shape pretty quickly but might affect your resale price due to the quick aging and scuffing.
ah i see! perhaps they were designed to have a bit of room in the toe box - something which I'm not particularly used to. i like it like SNUG SNUG. hahaha, alas such is the blind boot buying life! might trade it up for a john lofgren engineer!

kenlohty

Familiar Face
if you have a John lofgren engineer please chime in with your sizing and fit compared to the caspers!

JesseRiu

New in Town
Unfortunately I do not have any experience with Engineers. But yes I think the RDT lasts for Casper / Coupens are going to be a lot more bulb shaped in the toe especially. Definitely designed with a bit more room and flexibility on those areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads