Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Bucos

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Still waiting for cooler wether to take some fit pics with a proper outfit, so these will have to due for now. Picked up this size 46 with original mouton collar off eBay. It’s got the badge holder but not sure if it’s a PJ?

IMG_9279.jpeg

I really like the tooled detail on the leather belt loops, not sure if I’ve seen these on another Buco yet.

IMG_9280.jpeg

Unusually clean interior, this jacket was assumedly very lightly used.

IMG_9281.jpeg

There’s one unusual stitching flaw on the action back. The left side is stitched about half way up, but the right side has none on the action flap.

IMG_9282.jpeg

Just one small wear spot on the collar

IMG_9283.jpeg

Lastly, his and her Buco’s for when we’re galavanting across MI. I bought the first one for me, but the size 44 is more like a 38.

IMG_9284.jpeg

Can’t quite tell if that main zip is original on this 46, if it’s a replacement, it looks like it could pass for factory work. I don’t really mind brass pocket zips with a silver main zip, blends nicely with the chrome accents imo.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Still waiting for cooler wether to take some fit pics with a proper outfit, so these will have to due for now. Picked up this size 46 with original mouton collar off eBay. It’s got the badge holder but not sure if it’s a PJ?

View attachment 625558

I really like the tooled detail on the leather belt loops, not sure if I’ve seen these on another Buco yet.

View attachment 625559

Unusually clean interior, this jacket was assumedly very lightly used.

View attachment 625560

There’s one unusual stitching flaw on the action back. The left side is stitched about half way up, but the right side has none on the action flap.

View attachment 625561

Just one small wear spot on the collar

View attachment 625562

Lastly, his and her Buco’s for when we’re galavanting across MI. I bought the first one for me, but the size 44 is more like a 38.

View attachment 625563

Can’t quite tell if that main zip is original on this 46, if it’s a replacement, it looks like it could pass for factory work. I don’t really mind brass pocket zips with a silver main zip, blends nicely with the chrome accents imo.
Nice one! These bigger sizes are hard to find.

Can’t quite tell if that main zip is original on this 46, if it’s a replacement,
It's probably a replacement. Original ones never go all the way up to the lapel snap.

IMG_0364.jpeg

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Nice one! These bigger sizes are hard to find.

It's probably a replacement. Original ones never go all the way up to the lapel snap.

Thanks Marc, I’m happy to add it to the stable. Fit is pretty much spot on, can’t wait for a cool down to sport it!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This Buco J-27 M 'Style King' has a 25.5" back which makes it longer than the regular J-24. It's the same length as the J-24L which also has the Sta-Down back design.

The body flares out towards the hem which is something I usually don't like to see on motorcycle jackets but for some reason it works for this design.

9E08C8A5-93AE-421F-A4D8-E39A16230EC6.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_2508.jpeg
IMG_2509.jpeg
IMG_2512.jpeg
IMG_2511.jpeg
IMG_2510.jpeg
IMG_2514.jpeg
IMG_2515.jpeg

Last edited:

Mysteryo

One Too Many
This Buco J-27 M 'Style King' has a 25.5" back which makes it longer than the regular J-24 but shorter than the J-24L (which has the same Sta-Down back design).

The body flares out towards the hem which is something I usually don't like to see on motorcycle jackets but for some reason it works for this design.

View attachment 625809 View attachment 625810 View attachment 625811 View attachment 625812 View attachment 625813 View attachment 625814 View attachment 625815 View attachment 625816 View attachment 625817 View attachment 625818

It's one of my all time favorites! I had it in size 44 wich was a bit too snug for me so I sold it. I also had one in size 48 (a bit too roomy ;-)
I now have a repro from LW, that I also use as my riding jacket.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
This seems like the right thread to post a couple of pics of my newly received vintage 24L - I'm always surprised (but perhaps shouldn't be) by how much more solid feeling these originals are compared to the modern repros.
PXL_20240723_133413570~2.jpg
PXL_20240723_133439478~2.jpg

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Nice looking steer! Yeah I can’t wait to rock mine, it’s an absolute tank and just under 7lbs… beast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads