Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on Aero CXFQHH Cafe Racer

oceanman157

New in Town
Hello, apologies in advance for making the millionth post of this kind; but I've never bought a jacket of this caliber before and I want to make sure I get it right. Anyway I've just purchased a size 42 Cafe Racer, and I'm wondering how the fit looks. For context I'm about 6' and 200 lbs (183 cm, 91 kg). It feels good, other than the initial toughness that I expected. Just want to make sure it doesn't seem too small. One of my main concerns is the sleeves -- I'm worried they may be too short, or may end up too short as they crease up from wear. The jacket also just feels a bit snug in general. Wondering if I can expect that to lessen with time.

It might also be relevant to mention that I'm currently losing weight -- I have about 15 lbs (7 kg) to go.

Attachments

• IMG_6308.jpeg
    IMG_6308.jpeg
    850.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_6309.jpeg
    IMG_6309.jpeg
    788.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_6310.jpeg
    IMG_6310.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6313.jpeg
    IMG_6313.jpeg
    774.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_6314.jpeg
    IMG_6314.jpeg
    658.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_6312.jpeg
    IMG_6312.jpeg
    632.8 KB · Views: 192

cbez

One Too Many
dont expect significant change in the sleeves

to me the length is good, but some guys on here prefer longer. any shorter would be too short

the only thing that stands out to me is it feels like the back is somewhat riding up on your hips/ass. therefore causing the back panel to bunch up. that may settle as it breaks in.

but then it also looks like there is some pull under the armpit when you reach forward.

Eagledog

New in Town
The sleeves need to be at least 1 inch longer. And the hem needs to be 1 or 1.5" wider so it doesn't bunch and ride up when zipped. That would drive me nuts riding my motorcycle, with my wrists hanging out. Even driving my truck I can't tolerate short sleeves. If you zip the cuffs in the driving position it will pull uncomfortably across the back and shoulders. Same thing if you are sitting at a table reaching for a drink.

Bennarion

One Too Many
This jacket model is not suitable for everyone, it all depends on the physique. The sleeve is a bit short from my point of view. If you lose 7 kg of weight, perhaps the jacket will fit better.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Hello, apologies in advance for making the millionth post of this kind; but I've never bought a jacket of this caliber before and I want to make sure I get it right. Anyway I've just purchased a size 42 Cafe Racer, and I'm wondering how the fit looks. For context I'm about 6' and 200 lbs (183 cm, 91 kg). It feels good, other than the initial toughness that I expected. Just want to make sure it doesn't seem too small. One of my main concerns is the sleeves -- I'm worried they may be too short, or may end up too short as they crease up from wear. The jacket also just feels a bit snug in general. Wondering if I can expect that to lessen with time.

It might also be relevant to mention that I'm currently losing weight -- I have about 15 lbs (7 kg) to go.
I can't help but think it looks a little too small for me.
As I had to learn myself, the CR pattern should be worn rather generously. This is a relaxed pattern and not a slim fit.
The sleeves are short, but just tolerable.

zebedee

One Too Many
Cafe Racer fits are not fun - I lost 5kg and now just about fit my 42 CR in steer. Another 42 I've had for years became slightly easier to wear after a year or two. The 44 CR I bought (to get one that fit better) is a little too big.

The sleeves on yours are too short and the hem is too tight, but the hem being too tight seems to be a hazard with the CR. Every other Aero style I've had, the fit has been good, but the CR I can't get right at all. I reckon I'd be a theoretical size 43...

On the upside, when I did lose weight, the back (which bunched up like yous does in the photos) flattened out.

Last edited:

Eagledog

New in Town
I would not put my hopes on loosing a little weight to get a better fit. The classifieds are full of jackets for sale because they were too tight to wear. Jackets being sold because they are too big are hard to find. A little big and you can wear it with something other than a tee shirt. A jacket too small turns into a closet queen that never gets worn.

oceanman157

New in Town
Thanks everyone for the feedback -- it has all been extremely helpful. Based on what I've read here and what I've observed myself, I'll be returning the jacket.

oceanman157

New in Town
Cafe Racer fits are not fun - I lost 5kg and now just about fit my 42 CR in steer. Another 42 I've had for years became slightly easier to wear after a year or two. The 44 CR I bought (to get one that fit better) is a little too big.

The sleeves on yours are too short and the hem is too tight, but the hem being too tight seems to be a hazard with the CR. Every other Aero style I've had, the fit has been good, but the CR I can't get right at all. I reckon I'd be a theoretical size 43...

On the upside, when I did lose weight, the back (which bunched up like yous does in the photos) flattened out.
I'm afraid I may be in the same boat. May I ask if you've tried a Highwayman, and if so what your size was?

zebedee

One Too Many
I'm afraid I may be in the same boat. May I ask if you've tried a Highwayman, and if so what your size was?
Yes, I have a size 40 Highwayman and it's great - I could size down to a 38 comfortably. The best-fitting Aero I've had is a size 42 Maxwell.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Your jacket looks brand new. If it is still an option you can exchange it for a size 44. If you stick with the size 42 one you'll probably want to add sleeve length down the road. The stock sleeve length is 63cm, or almost 25", which in theory is usually long enough but the Aero CR design has very squared shoulders so the sleeve will tend to wear shorter than it measures. I often want to add another band at the cuff to give mine just a bit more length...

Overall I think it's an ok fit for casual jacket in size 42. Losing another 5kg will definitely help the fit imo, but never count on losing weight, real life happens...

oceanman157

New in Town
Thanks again everyone. Ultimately the sleeves are just too short (and the hem too tight) for my liking. I am probably going to ship it back today or tomorrow. Now, if anyone here is willing to part with a size 40 Highwayman...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads