Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First hat!

Bogie

One of the Regulars
That's one lovely first hat you have there Gaige!

Congratulations, it will probably be the first of many...until you need to put a second mortgage on your house. :D

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Mr. 'H' said:
Brilliant! What a great buy.

Now all you gotta do is get promoted to detective bureau and you can wear it on the job!!

:eek: How did I not think of this of my own accord?!

Oh, I would, too... I'd absolutely wear it. And, it would be within regs!

Gaige

One of the Regulars
It arrived not 10 minutes ago.

It is gorgeous.

It is soft.

I'll have to post pictures soon with it perched upon my noggin...

It does say "3x Beaver Quality" on the sweatband and inside of the crown... can anyone clarify exactly what that means?

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Well, this picture didn't come out terribly well, but it'll do for now. I'll attempt to get something better down the road.

I do think I'd prefer more than a 2" brim, however... but the hat is in great shape, the price was phenomenal, and I couldn't be happier.

fedora-1.jpg

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Thank you... I know I'll be adding to the collection, and, well... trial and error will show exactly what works best.

I took a few more quick ones.

fedora4.jpg

fedora3-1.jpg

fedora2.1.jpg

akaBruno

Suspended
Gaige said:
Well, this picture didn't come out terribly well, but it'll do for now. I'll attempt to get something better down the road.

I do think I'd prefer more than a 2" brim, however... but the hat is in great shape, the price was phenomenal, and I couldn't be happier.

fedora-1.jpg

I'm thinkin 3" on ya. It helps to thin my fat mug. :D Not that you have a fat mug. I din't mean that. ;)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's a nice price on that hat. I think that it's more likely that it's from the late '50s than the '40's though.
Looks good on you, especially in the shot with the clock in the background.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth