Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Batoidea

One of the Regulars
Vintage Golden Bear crosszip. Size 42, 22" p2p - $150 (offer available)

s-l1600gb.jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I have never seen it before. For our resident HD guys, have any of you seen this lining with this label? Additionally, oval-shaped spots might be added on? Definitely mid 50's. The seller has also nice additional vintage pocket jackets posted.

cycle king.jpg

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
I have never seen it before. For our resident HD guys, have any of you seen this lining with this label? Additionally, the oval-shaped spots and the extra pocket on the left might be added on? Definitely mid 50's. The seller has also nice additional vintage pocket jackets posted.

View attachment 513139

Lining is a replacement. You can see the fuzz from the old liner and there are also some tell tale unevenness stitching at the bottom. The Pendleton wool label is the clincher though.

IMG_0192.jpeg

The studs on these jackets were customizable. The most common was the four bead cluster, but the ovals are fairly common as well.

IMG_0187.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0153.jpeg

Two more stud variations. One a subtle single dot and the other a rounded off rectangle.

IMG_0157.jpeg
IMG_0154.jpeg

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Lining is a replacement. You can see the fuzz from the old liner and there are also some tell tale unevenness stitching at the bottom. The Pendleton wool label is the clincher though.

View attachment 513156

The studs on these jackets were customizable. The most common was the four bead cluster, but the ovals are fairly common as well.

View attachment 513157
View attachment 513158 View attachment 513159 View attachment 513160

Two more stud variations. One a subtle single dot and the other a rounded off rectangle.

View attachment 513163 View attachment 513164
I have chained, No spot, one spot, 3 spot beads, 4 spot beads, and oblong '40-'50s HD originals. Express spots in the red wool lining HD are a first for me. I did not see the Pendleton wool label. Good eye!

Last edited:
Reactions: jeo

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow, incredible jacket!
Yes, but $1200? I was going to post a comment last night about how difficult it is to find a classic half-belt in black. Then one showed up on etsy.
I have never seen it before. For our resident HD guys, have any of you seen this lining with this label? Additionally, oval-shaped spots might be added on? Definitely mid 50's. The seller has also nice additional vintage pocket jackets posted.

[/URL][/URL]

View attachment 513139
This is the largest HD in this style I have seen for sale. The sewn on patches just stop me in my tracks. For me, too bad.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow! Beautiful! Thanks for posting! Coming my way. California Sportswear jacket in their very fine 50s Steerhide. I owned a similar jacket with the outlined pocket and side gathers. It too was in fine condition and I was amazed at the leather. I did not know the CSC connection when I sold it.

I'm stunned by this one. Traditional half-belts in black are pretty scarce. The $1200 Albert Richard, now on ebay, has nothing on this jacket other than horsehide. The Albert is a nice $700 jacket, but could be a long wait for that price.

Wow! Beautiful! Thanks for posting! Coming my way. California Sportswear jacket in their very fine 50s Steerhide. I owned a similar jacket with the outlined pocket and side gathers. It too was in fine condition and I was amazed at the leather. I did not know the CSC connection when I sold it.

I'm stunned by this one. Traditional half-belts in black are pretty scarce. The $1200 Albert Richard, now on ebay, has nothing on this jacket other than horsehide. The Albert is a nice $700 jacket, but could be a long wait for that price.
It’s going to be a heartbreaker when you try and put it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld