Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally pulled the trigger on a Y2 Shacket

WatchesandBoots1125

New in Town
I finally pulled the trigger after going back and forth on picking up this "Shacket" from Y2 leathers. I wear a size 40 or M. After much reading on the internet I decided to go with a 42 in this one and I think I chose right. Just wanted to get feedback on the fit from others. One thing I will say I'm excited to see this leather fade. Its bright orange, but seeing posts on it online it does dull as it patinas.

Fit.jpg Fit-3.jpg Fit-2.jpg

bigmanbigtruck

A-List Customer
First time I've seen a leather shacket - 42 looks like the right size.
It fits well, but is kinda long. Makes me think of a dress shirt length which one would normally tuck in anyway.

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Looks super!

I have the indigo version, and sized as you did: one up from my normal preferences. They do run small in the chest.

As to "shaket": it sure is a very substantial piece (the indigo one is said to be 1,3mm), but I view and wear it as a western shirt. Not that it mattes much.

I did look at the camel steerhide version. Can´t look better!!

floater

New in Town
Oh man that’s a great shacket, that orange will turn into a really nice caramel brown with some good wear and sun exposure

Last edited:

WatchesandBoots1125

New in Town
Looks super!

I have the indigo version, and sized as you did: one up from my normal preferences. They do run small in the chest.

As to "shaket": it sure is a very substantial piece (the indigo one is said to be 1,3mm), but I view and wear it as a western shirt. Not that it mattes much.

I did look at the camel steerhide version. Can´t look better!!
Nice! Do you have any pics on how your's has aged so far?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Nice! Do you have any pics on how your's has aged so far?

You got me! I am not much of a "patina thunderdome" fan. I don´t wear the shirt in foul weather. I could in terms of craftmanship in insuklation (the liner!), but I just don´t look to accelerate aging.

That said: the pictures TJ posts about his beaten down shirts do look super! I especially like the potential in your shirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton