Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Felt Strips....?

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Clarification: Tissue = tissue paper?
My hat got quite wet yesterday when I was at a rain-or-shine outdoor celebration for 5 hours; the fedoraFelts held up well. I'm happy with them as of course it rained instead of shone. :) For me they were worth the little extra money as I've stated I didn't have the do-it-myself supplies on hand and I they filled a need for me. I'm hard on hats.
Ashley

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
bolthead said:
I would think Foam would retain moisture and maybe bleed through to the felt, if that's at all possible. [huh]

The will become old and turn to dust over time. I have had many vintage hats with all kinds of strange granules in them, come to find out they had once had a piece of foam in them. However, foam does the trick, just doesn't last as long as felt.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
Clarification: Tissue = tissue paper?
My hat got quite wet yesterday when I was at a rain-or-shine outdoor celebration for 5 hours; the fedoraFelts held up well. I'm happy with them as of course it rained instead of shone. :) For me they were worth the little extra money as I've stated I didn't have the do-it-myself supplies on hand and I they filled a need for me. I'm hard on hats.
Ashley

CLEAN-X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe