Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Taking a much needed vacation with the family in Oak Island, NC.

Yes, we're keeping a very keen eye on the waters for sharp toothed creatures...

IMG_8094.jpg

Dobbs Milan...

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_8122.jpg

During a ferry ride to Fort Fisher Island, a very pesky seagull did some business on my Stetson lightweight!!! Argh!!! Thankfully, I was able to get it out...

IMG_8144.jpg

These gulls love free handouts. They've grown very accustomed to tourists...

IMG_8140.jpg

A very young bald eagle. His head will change color when he's 4 or 5 yrs old. Unfortunately, he was injured when he was run over by a car. The aquarium/zoo received him a little less than a year ago, so he would have been less than a year old when he got hit...

IMG_8149.jpg

An albino alligator! I've never seen anything like this before!!!

IMG_8151.jpg

Jellies always fascinate me...

IMG_8156.jpg

Our trusty pup, Gracie, came along for the trip, too. She's not big on the water, but she absolutely LOVES her walks on the beach...

IMG_8180.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Great pics! and now I have my suspicions confirmed that I should only take cheap cotton hats when I go to a place with seagulls. :)

g.durand

One Too Many
Super photos A&A! How did you remove the seagull's "calling card?"

I had it happen once in San Francisco. Right onto the brim of a nice gray vintage Dobbs. ^*&#!!! seagull!

I was able to get back indoors quickly and I just washed it off, leaving no trace. Had it dried, I probably would not have been so lucky.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, all. :) We're having a wonderful time. Some family members have a place here, so we get a free pass for a week. We're pretty fortunate.

I had it happen once in San Francisco. Right onto the brim of a nice gray vintage Dobbs. ^*&#!!! seagull!

I was able to get back indoors quickly and I just washed it off, leaving no trace. Had it dried, I probably would not have been so lucky.

The ferry had some paper towels and a water fountain, so I first wiped the "mess" off, and then I dampened a towel to remove the excess. After it dried, I did it again a third time. Worked great. No trace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A recent astronomy outreach event at the shore of Lake Erie... wore a cap because it is always windy here, but it turned out to be a still night with a fine sunset.

seaway1.jpg

seaway2.jpg

seaway3.jpg

seaway4.jpg

seaway5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe