Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Cartoons from your Childhood

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
Robotech
Thundarr the Barbarian
The Tick

And of course all the classics everyone has mentioned.
I'll add Foghorn Leghorn, "Gal reminds of the highway between Fort Worth and Dallas, No curves."

Favorite classic shorts
"Texas Tom" - Tom and Jerry
"The Cat Who Hated People" - Tex Avery
"Duck Amuck" - Daffy Duck - Dir. Chuck Jones (Bugs Bunny)

And many others, I love cartoons.

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Ah yes, Duck Amuck. It's most certainly is one of the greatest cartoon ever to come out of Jone's unit. Followed closely by Bully for Bugs.

Set the Wayback Machine

Rocky & Bullwinkle
Courageous Cat & Minute Mouse
Johnny Quest
Woody Woodpecker
Popeye
Betty Boop
Krazy Kat
Crusader Rabbit
The Early Marvel Comics: Hulk / Thor / Capt. America / Iron Man
Proffessor Clyde Crashcup W/ Leonardo
Tennesse Tuxedo
Anything with Droopy Dog
Deputy Dog

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
My favorites include pretty much all of the classics you fine folks listed in this thread, plus a couple others.

Remember this guy?
SecretSquirrel.jpg

Do you know this Dood? (I wish Cellar Door would release him on DVD.)
Doodlez.jpg

Then there's this happy family.
theoblongsfamily.jpg

I like The Tick animated and live-action (with Patrick Warburton), and I have The Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain on DVD. :)

John, have you started your Tennessee Tuxedo collection yet? I just ordered Fractured Fairytales and Fractured Flickers (not a cartoon, but I love the old show - haven't seen it in years!)

Lee

Bebop

Practically Family
Felix the Cat, 100%. I was transfixed by Felix. Since I was a nerdy kid with oversized eyeglasses, I had the nickname "Poindexter" in honor of Felix's co-star. I fought hard to get rid of that nickname and here I am bringing it back up! [huh]

Felix

Bebop said:
Felix the Cat, 100%. I was transfixed by Felix. Since I was a nerdy kid with oversized eyeglasses, I had the nickname "Poindexter" in honor of Felix's co-star. I fought hard to get rid of that nickname and here I am bringing it back up! [huh]

It's the Proffesor and Rock Bottom!
The Master--Cylinder!

Fast

Familiar Face
Rocky and bullwinkle, especially since it had fractured fairy tales and a few others whose names elude me.

George of the Jungle.
Popeye. . . what he was muttering had to be choice. Way old popeye.
Road runner (from the automovies first)

Carpe Diem
Fast

Bebop said:
Don't knock being a Poindexter, some of us wear that label with pride! (Probably the exact opposite of what some schmuck somewhere--I remember not any of the 5 W's*--intended to provoke with his comment of "...you geeky Poindexters..."lol)

Oh, and Grandpa also kept me on a steady diet of Looney Tunes for a while too... The Roadrunner was his favorite for some reason IIRC...

*Ask a journalist/journalism student. I'm out of that game...

nyx

One of the Regulars
Here's a question for all of you. I remember an animated short, I think it appeared before an old movie, but I can't remember which one. It involved a child having a dream where he goes to a land of sweets that are all dancing around. I specifically remember the angel food cake and the devil's food cake coming out. I know it was an old cartoon, but I remember that it was in color. I know this is really vague, but I remember loving that cartoon and I can't remember what it was or where I could find it.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
nyx said:
Here's a question for all of you. I remember an animated short, I think it appeared before an old movie, but I can't remember which one. It involved a child having a dream where he goes to a land of sweets that are all dancing around. I specifically remember the angel food cake and the devil's food cake coming out. I know it was an old cartoon, but I remember that it was in color. I know this is really vague, but I remember loving that cartoon and I can't remember what it was or where I could find it.

Would it be Somewhere In Dreamland?

car4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld