Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks, you guys :)

I miss everyone here. I don't have as much time to spend gabbin' with you all!

Well work is a important thing to have done, so understandably you will be spending more time "on the clock".

It is also very wonderful that you like your new job. Liking what you do for a living makes it all that much more worth while for you.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It is also very wonderful that you like your new job. Liking what you do for a living makes it all that much more worth while for you.

That is true. I've had quite a few jobs that I hated, or grew to hate. I can't see that happening with this one, thankfully! Everyone is so nice and funny, and they were such a big, understanding help to me while I was learning (and still am learning.) We even had a company lunch on Friday at a swish restaurant - It was too sweet of them to invite the new girl :)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That is true. I've had quite a few jobs that I hated, or grew to hate. I can't see that happening with this one, thankfully! Everyone is so nice and funny, and they were such a big, understanding help to me while I was learning (and still am learning.) We even had a company lunch on Friday at a swish restaurant - It was too sweet of them to invite the new girl :)

Well now you see, it is nice to be around happy people! I love my ability to have a happy demeanor. I keep it more than not no matter what.

rue

I had one dream this week, and it was about the stacks of papers left on my desk for Monday morning. I guess thats more of a nightmare *shudder*

Yes, my first week of work, and I'm already in the thick of it. I would have been all caught up yesterday if IT hadn't come around and completely messed up my new computer. Nothing worked. But nothing. I was ready to pound their weeny, oh-so-technologically-superior rears.

I'm sorry C. I hope it gets better :)

OK..had some of the first Christmas presents come in yesterday and hid in the garage. We are going to get it done EARLY this year!! Avoid the crowds. Ordering on line is soo much better...I think(?). Trouble IS..most of this 'on line' stuff must be assembled:eeek:...but surely that is better than fighting the crowds. In any event...Christmas is still my favorite holiday! Four Kids...and eight Grandkids...and a new one due in February. You'd think they would soon stop...but they seem to be doing it on purpose......[huh]

Wow.... I feel your pain grandpa! I had some nosey kids, so all the toys had to stay locked in my trunk until I put them together on Christmas Eve. Talk about a long night! :eeek:

I'll tell ya..the worse thing I ever put together was a 'swing set'..years ago. After wrestling with that damn thing all day...and probably embarrassing all my neighbors..I did finally get it done,though.
Well...then there was the two Christmas bicycles with instructions surely written by imbeciles...:rage:
...and I am very lacking in patience...:eusa_doh:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hi BD :wave:

I've been doing the same.... unpacking :rolleyes: BUT, I'm finally done with the upstairs and working downstairs in my bedroom :)

Glad to hear it's hail free today :D

xo

How is the unpacking coming along? I saw the photos of your house - it's really lovely!

And good luck finding some choice pumpkins!

xo

HoosierDaddy, that reminds me of my grandfather and my father putting together toys for us children. There were always so many extra parts! *LOL*

Right now I'm eating chili again with Sam Adams wishing Bear was here..so I could share.
If you were here..I'd share with you too BD...! It's a chilly fall day in Hoosierland.:):(

Thanks for the kind offer, I'd love some chili!

X
BD

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry C. I hope it gets better :)

Thanks! It already has, save for my fax machine :rolleyes: I wonder if Golden Era offices were simpler, with the exception of making duplicates?

Well...then there was the two Christmas bicycles with instructions surely written by imbeciles...:rage:

As Bugs Bunny would surely say: "Heh heh... What an im-bess-il." lol

Last edited:

I seem to get the opposite impression when I get a new computer or some other new electronic gadget and have to plough through the manual. Er, excuse me, but not all of us went to M.I.T., ya know. It would help if you can write it in a language we all understand!

rue

I'll tell ya..the worse thing I ever put together was a 'swing set'..years ago. After wrestling with that damn thing all day...and probably embarrassing all my neighbors..I did finally get it done,though.

In our family we call them de-structions :p
How is the unpacking coming along? I saw the photos of your house - it's really lovely!

And good luck finding some choice pumpkins!

xo

I finally have all of the boxes out of the house, but now they're sitting in the driveway :rolleyes: I put an ad on free-cycle, but only one person showed up and took ten boxes :(

Thank you for the compliment on the house :D

We had luck with the pumpkins too! Two very great specimens are sitting on the wall right now :)

xo

rue

Wow...bet that'll creep the trick-or-treater's out! Pumpkins sitting on the wall..! Eeeeeriee...spoookiee. Is it witchcraft..or did you actually just nail them up there? Oooo..scary!

smarta$$ :p

The best part is after Halloween making steamed pumpkin from all the pumpkins that would normally be discarded.
Is there a recipe for this??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley