Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Condolences on the loss of your sister.

Welcome to the nuthouse.
Hello, and thank you. Been around already as for a few years with my head kind of peeking over my Husband's shoulders as he'd be weaving his way around the forums. It finally became time for me to simply have my own account here.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
You forgot to mention that you are a Master vintage shoe hunter. :D

That is somewhat true. It is actually a summary of everything I have learned over time. Some from here and there that Daniel and of course the fellows here that discuss shoes. I sort of picked up what is eye appealing and worth some level of a price.

Currently I am seeking shoes that are as close to "mint" as possible, or something that can be revamped for a not so bad price.

But I am also learning some of what is coveted in the way of your "expertise" (in one area of clothing attire), the "tie".

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
No. I paid 200 bucks for it.

I am sure you are aware that a "carb" can be restored by way of a "kit" I've seen Daniel rebuild them and if the carb had cracks or holes, he would use J.B. Weld and shape it, sand or file or drill it to make the carb look and perform as good as new.

The J.B. Weld also is a good product to use when rebuilding a engine head during performance modifications. I helped Daniel apply some on a engine head that he had milled, port and polished it, but in some small spot the air tool used for grinding and polishing made an internal port too thin which then exposed the water jacket in the head. He mixed up some J.B. Weld, made a back stop of that to sit on so it would not just fall into the hole, and shaped it over that area. After a day or so, he was able to lightly polish with the air tool that repair surface. About a week or so later, he had the car all put back together and everything was just great.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
YOU paid $200 for something?! :faint: :p

You did notice he has a picture posted of some young lady he is seeing right now. I would expect some of the normal budget, just went out the window! At least that is what Daniel explained to me about his finances about when men start dating, and told me that a few times when we first met.

That is somewhat true. It is actually a summary of everything I have learned over time. Some from here and there that Daniel and of course the fellows here that discuss shoes. I sort of picked up what is eye appealing and worth some level of a price.

Currently I am seeking shoes that are as close to "mint" as possible, or something that can be revamped for a not so bad price.

But I am also learning some of what is coveted in the way of your "expertise" (in one area of clothing attire), the "tie".

Mint vintage shoes are great to find. I want to find a forgotten shoe store that closed in 1949-1957 with all the merchandise still left on the shelves. :p

Ties are easy to understand. You can learn fairly quickly. You knob what they say about experts. An Expert is just someone who knows just a bit more than you. :p

Wasn't that George Jones who got drunk and drove his lawnmower?

I'm sorry about the kitty. We have that issue here with coyotes.

I try to, but it isn't always avoidable!

Well that and Tom usually finds a way around spending money. :p

I pay for things! People don't just GIVE me everything lol

YOU paid $200 for something?! :faint: :p

I got a rebuild kit and rebuilt it and it still leaked gas. The JB weld thing probably would have worked, but I was in a hurry with all the snow we had to clear. Luckily, the Implement dealer could get one for a 1969 Briggs and Stratton engine lol

I am sure you are aware that a "carb" can be restored by way of a "kit" I've seen Daniel rebuild them and if the carb had cracks or holes, he would use J.B. Weld and shape it, sand or file or drill it to make the carb look and perform as good as new.

The J.B. Weld also is a good product to use when rebuilding a engine head during performance modifications. I helped Daniel apply some on a engine head that he had milled, port and polished it, but in some small spot the air tool used for grinding and polishing made an internal port too thin which then exposed the water jacket in the head. He mixed up some J.B. Weld, made a back stop of that to sit on so it would not just fall into the hole, and shaped it over that area. After a day or so, he was able to lightly polish with the air tool that repair surface. About a week or so later, he had the car all put back together and everything was just great.

I spoil her rotten lol lol lol

You did notice he has a picture posted of some young lady he is seeing right now. I would expect some of the normal budget, just went out the window! At least that is what Daniel explained to me about his finances about when men start dating, and told me that a few times when we first met.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Good for you Tom, that you are having a decent young lady to spoil! You will have to let us know if it appears that you will be booking a Preacher any time soon!:eusa_clap

I try to, but it isn't always avoidable!

I pay for things! People don't just GIVE me everything lol

I got a rebuild kit and rebuilt it and it still leaked gas. The JB weld thing probably would have worked, but I was in a hurry with all the snow we had to clear. Luckily, the Implement dealer could get one for a 1969 Briggs and Stratton engine lol

I spoil her rotten lol lol lol

I didn't say everything. I said you try to avoid spending money. :p

1969 isn't that old. Now if it was a 1949.......:p

I think she might help you just a bit too.

She's a doll and a half. No plans for a preacher any time soon, though lol lol lol

Good for you Tom, that you are having a decent young lady to spoil! You will have to let us know if it appears that you will be booking a Preacher any time soon!:eusa_clap

And you don't? :p

Oh, she always helps in that department!

I didn't say everything. I said you try to avoid spending money. :p

I think she might help you just a bit too.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Well Tom, you know some day more than likely you will take that big leap in life to ask some worth while young lady to marry you. I am sure when that day arrives, you will be a very happy camper! (not that you are not happy camping now) lol!

Oh yeah, I know it'll happen one of these days, but I'd like to have a house and a little better financial standing before I ask that question!

Well Tom, you know some day more than likely you will take that big leap in life to ask some worth while young lady to marry you. I am sure when that day arrives, you will be a very happy camper! (not that you are not happy camping now) lol!

Does he even exist anymore?

Say, if you're so free and willing to spend some dough, how about helping your old buddy Tom in his house hunt? lol

Nah, you have me confused with that Ronnie guy. :p

Oh yeah, I know it'll happen one of these days, but I'd like to have a house and a little better financial standing before I ask that question!

Tom......God's honest truth....if you are waiting on all that, it'll never happen. Get married, all the rest will fall into place eventually.

And besides, statistically most marriages that fall apart do so within the first seven years, so if it all goes south, how's she gonna take half of what you own if you're only renting it?

Does he even exist anymore?

Say, if you're so free and willing to spend some dough, how about helping your old buddy Tom in his house hunt? lol

He comes over just about every Saturday. :p

Sure. I'll find a house for you there that you can buy.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley