Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

thm_phplShK52.gif

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Its a Dodge Dart man.......:p

Could have been worse. My parents left home one day with a Plymouth Barracuda with a V-8 when I was 15, and came home with a Plymouth Scamp. I totaled it a few years later and I never felt particularly bad about that. You had to use both feet driving it, one on the brake and one on the gas or it would die at intersections. Yes, and automatic.

Ah, I was an abused child... I got to drive the Barracuda ONCE.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Could have been worse. My parents left home one day with a Plymouth Barracuda with a V-8 when I was 15, and came home with a Plymouth Scamp. I totaled it a few years later and I never felt particularly bad about that. You had to use both feet driving it, one on the brake and one on the gas or it would die at intersections. Yes, and automatic.

It's best to let that out....;)
I grew up in a GM family, we just didn't buy Dodge and that was that.
Relatives had Cadillac, Pontiac, and Buick.
In fact there was only one neighbor that had a Scamp, lavender of all colors!
So you can see my aversion to the name, especially when my first few gov't vehicles (for work) were Diplomats.
Again, reinforcing what I was taught. :D
Now you give me a 67 Dart GT with a 340 4-speed and I'll take that for awhile, but that's the only Dodge product.
*Since we are letting things out, I have a confession to make...I'm a closet Dodge owner (Neon) but it came as part of a dowry from my wife (coming from TX I would have liked an oil derrick or angus bull). While the car runs good, I drive it less than 3,000 miles a year. At least I put an XM system in it to up the value a bit.

You didn't total it per se. You fixed it good. :p

It's best to let that out....;)
I grew up in a GM family, we just didn't buy Dodge and that was that.
Relatives had Cadillac, Pontiac, and Buick.
In fact there was only one neighbor that had a Scamp, lavender of all colors!
So you can see my aversion to the name, especially when my first few gov't vehicles (for work) were Diplomats.
Again, reinforcing what I was taught. :D
Now you give me a 67 Dart GT with a 340 4-speed and I'll take that for awhile, but that's the only Dodge product.
*Since we are letting things out, I have a confession to make...I'm a closet Dodge owner (Neon) but it came as part of a dowry from my wife (coming from TX I would have liked an oil derrick or angus bull). While the car runs good, I drive it less than 3,000 miles a year. At least I put an XM system in it to up the value a bit.
My family was fairly split between GM and Ford but the Ford people were wrong. :p Wow! A neon. How heavy is the key you use to wind it up? :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I don't have a key to wind it up!!!!!!!!
I roll it backwards down the street until the spring recharges. :D
Hey it gets 25mpg, with gas these days (non-ethynol being $4.50 a gal here) high mpg is desirable, no matter what logo is on the front.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
So long as it isn't an import, right?
Yes and no...
I've had imports.
In fact I went 10yrs with them as my daily driver.
Corolla being the plainest (although I did tune it to be faster), Miata being the most fun, and a Subaru Baja which was the most versatile.
If I had to take another import I'd go Subaru again, especially the Baja. My wife wanted something larger, but I wasn't through enjoying it yet. Plus it would go darn near anywhere, especially off pavement!:D

Justin B

One Too Many
Yes and no...
I've had imports.
In fact I went 10yrs with them as my daily driver.
Corolla being the plainest (although I did tune it to be faster), Miata being the most fun, and a Subaru Baja which was the most versatile.
If I had to take another import I'd go Subaru again, especially the Baja. My wife wanted something larger, but I wasn't through enjoying it yet. Plus it would go darn near anywhere, especially off pavement!:D

Don't take it personally, Tom has an irrational dislike/fear of imports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82