Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That's what the bull horns are for James, to move people out of the way when she's out of control. ;)
I can tell you a Miata is useless in the snow, so is a 70's model Corvette.
The movement of the car would have made for a cool burnout or drift, had I been on dry pavement.

I have a coworker who's only car is a Miata. He swears it's fine in the snow if you put weight in the back. I'd put his car in the back of mine to use as weight in the back lol

That's what the bull horns are for James, to move people out of the way when she's out of control. ;)
I can tell you a Miata is useless in the snow, so is a 70's model Corvette.
The movement of the car would have made for a cool burnout or drift, had I been on dry pavement.

I don't go fast around corners and I don't do burnouts, so I'd be good.

Winter?! You are going to screw up a perfectly good rust free car?! I dunno how people think they are stable in the snow. You lose the rear end when you try to go fast around corners and burning out in them is treacherous. lol lol lol

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
When I owned one, it was a 1990 model, and I found weight in the back made it worse on ice and snow.
The first model had the gas tank, spare tire, and battery all in the same area.
That had to outweigh the engine, making it great on traction, but horrible on turns.
I even had soft compound tires on it, BFG Comp T/A HR-4, essentially racing tires with a tread design.
It was rare we'd get snow here, but when we did and I still owned that car, I was darn near stranded.
Straight line is was wonderful but in the curves I'd get passed by grandma easily because that rear could easily break loose and send me towards a curb whether I was steering in the correct direction and had my foot down or not...with Aluminum rims you didn't want to meet the curb, any curb.
Once I traded it (I know yet another brilliant decision in my life!) and got a FWD Toyota, winters weren't so bad.
I now have 2 FWD cars, but one of them isn't worth as much, so that one is the new "snow" car until I get another Subaru. ;)

Now with a FWD Eldorado from the 70's I really don't think you'd have that problem. Look at the weight distribution. Most of it's up front, isn't it?
Plus nobody in their right mind is going to go flying down an icy road in one of those unless it IS their intention to wreck it.
You need one Tom, and the one James posted is perfect. :D
It would be great for the lot, as a promotional tool, with something on the car advertising your place.

Last edited:
When I owned one, it was a 1990 model, and I found weight in the back made it worse on ice and snow.
The first model had the gas tank, spare tire, and battery all in the same area.
That had to outweigh the engine, making it great on traction, but horrible on turns.
I even had soft compound tires on it, BFG Comp T/A HR-4, essentially racing tires with a tread design.
It was rare we'd get snow here, but when we did and I still owned that car, I was darn near stranded.
Straight line is was wonderful but in the curves I'd get passed by grandma easily because that rear could easily break loose and send me towards a curb whether I was steering in the correct direction and had my foot down or not...with Aluminum rims you didn't want to meet the curb, any curb.
Once I traded it (I know yet another brilliant decision in my life!) and got a FWD Toyota, winters weren't so bad.
I now have 2 FWD cars, but one of them isn't worth as much, so that one is the new "snow" car until I get another Subaru. ;)

Now with a FWD Eldorado from the 70's I really don't think you'd have that problem. Look at the weight distribution. Most of it's up front, isn't it?
Plus nobody in their right mind is going to go flying down an icy road in one of those unless it IS their intention to wreck it.
It would be great for the lot, as a promotional tool, with something on the car advertising your place.
The only thing you have in the back is the gas tank to oppose the super heavy big V-8 and front heel drive set up. The back end is useless for ballast. You would lose it just as easily as in the Miata. I know I have. :p I don't understand the allure of a FWD because they are all the same in my experience. I would rather have RWD and just plow it. :p How many snow plows do you know that have FWD? :p

My brother drives an Alero and swears by it in the snow. My Fleetwood is so-so. My Ram is okay. I've never had a FWD before, so I dunno.

The only thing you have in the back is the gas tank to oppose the super heavy big V-8 and front heel drive set up. The back end is useless for ballast. You would lose it just as easily as in the Miata. I know I have. :p I don't understand the allure of a FWD because they are all the same in my experience. I would rather have RWD and just plow it. :p How many snow plows do you know that have FWD? :p

I'm constantly compared to an old man...

No driving fast and doing burnouts?! What are you? Sixty? :p

If it were a convertible with horns on the front, it'd be perfect, but it's close to it!

n one of those unless it IS their intention to wreck it.

My brother drives an Alero and swears by it in the snow. My Fleetwood is so-so. My Ram is okay. I've never had a FWD before, so I dunno.

I'm constantly compared to an old man...

If it were a convertible with horns on the front, it'd be perfect, but it's close to it!
An Alero?! Let me drive it. I'll show him. :p Well, if you drive like you say you do.....:p if it were a convertible with horns then you would be in Boss Hogg territory. lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82