Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

It was brief. I'm the sleep deprived one today. I've been up since yesterday morning.

A sleep deprived conversation, that had to be good. So when are you two going to go out? Any plans? My Lady and my on our first date stayed up talking all night and in to the next morning. By the end of the date, we felt so loopy but neither wanted it to end; that was twelve plus years ago.
Good luck!
:D

I will not let myself be friend-zoned.

12 years? I have been married longer than that. I won't even count the time leading up to that too. :p Good job Tom, now you have to get it to the dating stage. Talking is good. Dating is better. You don't want her to get the idea that you just want to be "friends." :p

I don't even know if people go on dates anymore. Heck, I'm so out of the scene, I have no clue.

I just thought that "I'm Tom, I have a good paying union job, am starting a classic car dealership, and I drive a Cadillac" would be enough to show I've got my sh*t together lol (No, I didn't actually say something even remotely close to that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVytXppIFw0

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Definitely use the Caddi, and not one of the Country Squires.
Those send the wrong message on a first date, as does a custom van. :D
Just be yourself, and if she's a FB person then by all means use the private message option to chit chat.
You can think of things better that way than in person, where both of you stare at the surroundings.
Met my wife online and talked a lot out via PM's, so each time we met in person we already knew each other that much more.
Course we were 12hrs apart, which made "date night" darn near impossible.

I wouldn't subject a lady to anything but a Cadillac car until she's gotten comfortable with me. I don't own a Country Squire anymore :p The Caddy, the Caprice, and my Dodge Ram Truck are all's I've got left these days :p

I have no idea if she's a Facebooker. We're not connected on that site, or any for that matter!

Getting together is the hard part, we both hardly have time to sleep, let alone do anything social. The dealership is taking up all my free time, these days. She'll thank me (if we end up together) when I'm making the big bucks :p

Just be yourself, and if she's a FB person then by all means use the private message option to chit chat.
You can think of things better that way than in person, where both of you stare at the surroundings.
Met my wife online and talked a lot out via PM's, so each time we met in person we already knew each other that much more.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
No Country Squire?
The Colony Park is gone too?
If it's meant to be, they'll be time.
Then of course you'll need those cars back. ;)
Good luck btw with the car lot, sounds like a great idea.

Yup, sold the Squire to invest the money in inventory, and sold the Colony Park after a tree fell on it.

Que Sera, Sera.

Thanks! Everything's still in its infancy, so we'll see what comes of this business. I'm very happy with the new building, though!

No Country Squire?
The Colony Park is gone too?
If it's meant to be, they'll be time.
Then of course you'll need those cars back. ;)
Good luck btw with the car lot, sounds like a great idea.

vintageTink

One Too Many
No, no. He needs the hand-painted van with bubble windows, shag carpeting, and a sign the says "Free candy for Walmart girl".

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yup, sold the Squire to invest the money in inventory, and sold the Colony Park after a tree fell on it.

Que Sera, Sera.

Thanks! Everything's still in its infancy, so we'll see what comes of this business. I'm very happy with the new building, though!

Ouch! I didn't know that. What a way to lose a beautiful car...
It all goes to inventory, so that's important.
Now you need to gear up for commercials to promote the place.
Overalls and kicking a car as you come out and say "Hi Friends, welcome to Tom's used car lot..."
Wait, that's been done before.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeez Tom, you're at least 20 years younger than me and more experienced in ways to get rid of cars. I ain't ever had a tree fall on one. YET.

Later

Before commercials, I gotta come up with what the heck I'm gonna name the darn place lol

Ouch! I didn't know that. What a way to lose a beautiful car...
It all goes to inventory, so that's important.
Now you need to gear up for commercials to promote the place.
Overalls and kicking a car as you come out and say "Hi Friends, welcome to Tom's used car lot..."
Wait, that's been done before.

Trust me, I was not a happy camper!

Jeez Tom, you're at least 20 years younger than me and more experienced in ways to get rid of cars. I ain't ever had a tree fall on one. YET.

Later

486670_10151583246419330_406176096_n.jpg

The day it happened. I was just going out to take the car to have new whitewalls put on (I was selling it the following day) and BAM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe