Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever yearn for a vintage name?

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
I would just prefer a "normal" name, vintage or not, just something that the average person may have actually heard before. Most of my peers think my name is made up, or they just don't process it at all and refer to me by a similar sounding name that they know. Morag has just never really been a popular name, especially in North America.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
azhiker said:
Well, My name is Leslie, and I'm a III. My Grandfather (who also wore a Fedora every day) had an Uncle Leslie. My grandfather was born in 1892, so I guess that makes our name kinda vintage also. Like I feel today!

My name is vintage, Susan, most women I meet with my name are my mothers age or older. I have never been a huge fan of it myself, I think it is kind of plain and I hate the nicknames Sue or Suzie. If I have had girls instead of boys I would have used my Grandmothers name Estelle or my great Aunt Veronica. My other grandmothers name is Virginia which is ok but I don't think it rolls off the tongue as well as the others.

HepKitty

One Too Many
My middle name is dated, you won't meet anyone under the age of about 90 with it as her first name: Irene

My son's name is Ronan, and old Irish name, and my daughter's name is Aislynn which isn't an old name at all from what I'm told

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
HepKitty said:
My middle name is dated, you won't meet anyone under the age of about 90 with it as her first name: Irene

I went to high school with an Irene, had a teacher named Irene, and one of my mom's friends is named Irene. I never thought of that name as "old fashioned", but not extremely popular either.

Berlin

Practically Family
My real name is Lindsay. Not very vintage as my name was very uncommon in the 80s..in my country that is!

I would love to have the name Evelyn.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Berlin said:
I would love to have the name Evelyn.

That's our daughter's name - Evelyn Grace - Evelyn because we just liked it and Grace after Grace Kelly - here's a photo of her at Princess Grace's grave in Monaco:

Download16August068.jpg

My name is quite old - Moira - it's the Irish for Mary and I'm named after my grandmother....

Berlin

Practically Family
Aww, such a sweet little girl!!
(With a beautiful name, and I'm sure when she is old enough to understand what a name is, she will be very proud of her own :D)

Dewhurst

Practically Family
My name is woefully biblical. My middle name is also woefully biblical. (Don't load me down like that Mom and Pops!!!)

Doesn't get more vintage than that. Well, pre-biblical, I suppose.... but anyway.

(Doesn't go very far in proving that my parents really are creative people, either. I swear, they are... just not with my name. A minor blip.)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Berlin said:
Aww, such a sweet little girl!!
(With a beautiful name, and I'm sure when she is old enough to understand what a name is, she will be very proud of her own :D)

Thank you Berlin! :)

(Got to dash off now - she's calling for me!!!!!!!)

HepKitty

One Too Many
Miss Golightly said:
That's our daughter's name - Evelyn Grace - Evelyn because we just liked it and Grace after Grace Kelly - here's a photo of her at Princess Grace's grave in Monaco:

Download16August068.jpg

My name is quite old - Moira - it's the Irish for Mary and I'm named after my grandmother....

Everything about her is beautiful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld