Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ever tried Puerto Rican "Cuchifritos"

green papaya

One Too Many
Cuchifritosphoto.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuchifritos

Cuchifritos (koo-chee-free-tohs) refers to various fried foods prepared principally of pork, in Puerto Rican cuisine. They include a variety of dishes including but not limited to morcilla (blood sausage), papas rellenas (fried potato balls stuffed with meat), chicharron (fried pork skin), and various other parts of the pig prepared in different ways. Cuchifritos vendors also typically serve juices

Ive never seen anything like this in California, but it seems popular on the east coast

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
I've never tried that myself but it does look good. Great....now I'm hungry

I wouldn't be surprised to see Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods peeking over that counter.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I have a neighborhood (Lincoln Road, Miami Beach) Cuban restaurant with a walk-up window open 24/7 serving pretty much the same stuff. I've made my share of late night stops. Personally, I love the papas rellenas........:essen:

Actually, the cuisines of Cuba, PR and the DR are very similar. Mind you, when they eat at each others restaurants they complain that it's not the same/as good as their own.......and then end up licking the plate. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82