Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever Fancied A German secret police Overcoat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girl Friday

Practically Family
TwoToneDeuce said:
I vainly tried to express this same sentiment in another thread and was threatened with being booted off the board. In every movie that a govenment is portrayed as a totalitarian state, the german uniforms are used or modeled upon, because they are striking visually and represent total authority. Even our own Police uniforms are based on similar constructs.

-D
It will always be a hard arguement, I saw that thread and almost posted something, but thought better of it. Like... Hugo Boss designed the German uniforms.

I have a navy bandana, that doesn't mean I'm in a gang...but seriously and historically, I don't want to argue with anyone.

Feraud

Bartender
Girl Friday said:
It will always be a hard arguement, I saw that thread and almost posted something, but thought better of it. Like... Hugo Boss designed the German uniforms.

I have a navy bandana, that doesn't mean I'm in a gang...but seriously and historically, I don't want to argue with anyone.
You are correct. It is a hard argument. Sometimes we have to respect there are people walking around with relatives that went through the horrors of WWII. Certain discussions of how "cool" a particular look is, is offensive. I have two Mosin Nagant rifles and I am no Communist! :)

TwoToneDeuce

Suspended
Feraud said:
You are correct. It is a hard argument. Sometimes we have to respect there are people walking around with relatives that went through the horrors of WWII. Certain discussions of how "cool" a particular look is, is offensive. I have two Mosin Nagant rifles and I am no Communist! :)

Yes, one can be offended but does that offence warrant censoring another’s opinion? We all get offended from different things that still shouldn't give us the right to force those beliefs on another through censorship. And pertinent to this discussion, we were only talking about the aesthetics of the clothes not the political meaning of them.

-D

TwoToneDeuce

Suspended
Girl Friday said:

I am sorry that you didn't feel free to add to the discussion.

-D

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
He's DEAD, Jim.

You're beating a dead horse.

The issue is we've been through this topic enough, and as Bartenders, we're deciding to move things along. Stop trying to resurrect these topics under the guise of free speech. If you don't like our editorial decisions, then feel free to ask for a refund of your dues. Otherwise, move along to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally