Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer boots, fit when broken in ??

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
How do your engineer boots fit when finally broken in? Do you notice a difference among different brands of boots?

I'm working on breaking in my custom Wesco engineer boots. I still have a bit if heel slippage but they are coming along nicely. I had a pair of Wesco years ago and the heel slippage never went away. It was very minor but it was there. I'm just curious as to how other boots fit you all. I've got horrible feet for pull on boots LOL.

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
I think it depends on brand

My wescos fit perfectly

Role clubs break in and become easier to pull on but my black pair is still a bit of struggle.

I've never had problems with boots or shoes of any kind. always found myself very flexible when it comes to brands and between sizes.

Thebuzzard

One of the Regulars
How do your engineer boots fit when finally broken in? Do you notice a difference among different brands of boots?

I'm working on breaking in my custom Wesco engineer boots. I still have a bit if heel slippage but they are coming along nicely. I had a pair of Wesco years ago and the heel slippage never went away. It was very minor but it was there. I'm just curious as to how other boots fit you all. I've got horrible feet for pull on boots LOL.
Yeah pretty sure if there is slippage from the start it will be with you for life man. My favorite pair of boots (currently) are vibergs, where my left is tight to the heel, and my right will slip. They are just hitting that nice broken stage and certainly no change. Custom boots, but a quarter size diff between feet and to my knowledge, nobody makes lasts in quarter increments. Pity.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Yeah pretty sure if there is slippage from the start it will be with you for life man. My favorite pair of boots (currently) are vibergs, where my left is tight to the heel, and my right will slip. They are just hitting that nice broken stage and certainly no change. Custom boots, but a quarter size diff between feet and to my knowledge, nobody makes lasts in quarter increments. Pity.

I'm with you. My right foot is bigger than my left. Custom Wesco boots here. Still have heel slippage but I don't think they're broken in just yet. This Vibram sole is stiff. I'd love a pair of Roll Call boots one day too. Engineer boots are my favorite boots. I've always felt they all have some slide and movement being pull on boots. Maybe it just my super wide, high arched feet.

Thebuzzard

One of the Regulars
I'm with you. My right foot is bigger than my left. Custom Wesco boots here. Still have heel slippage but I don't think they're broken in just yet. This Vibram sole is stiff. I'd love a pair of Roll Call boots one day too. Engineer boots are my favorite boots. I've always felt they all have some slide and movement being pull on boots. Maybe it just my super wide, high arched feet.

He'll might even be the shape of our feet, I know my one arch rubs on new boots for the first few months... is loverly

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Your going to have some slippage with a slip on boot but it will be worst when theyre new. They should fit like heavy slippers by the time theyde broken in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Your going to have some slippage with a slip on boot but it will be worst when theyre new. They should fit like heavy slippers by the time theyde broken in.

That's about how these fit now. Like big slippers filled with lead.
They'll never fit like lace up boots but I like the style so much that I deal with it. I get constant compliments on them.

http://i.imgur.com/HWa7ehi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JCJnSDi.jpg

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Thats why i like them. I hate a lace up. I dont need the support of a laceup so id rather be comfortable. You dont want them falling off your feet loose but comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld