Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay listing - vintage earring lot

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Hi ladies, I have a lot of 6 pair of vintage clip-on earrings on Ebay right now. These earrings are lovely and in excellent vintage condition - at a very fair price! Click on the picture to see the item listing!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Brill said:
Great price--but I have pierced ears, so my clip-on earrings go unworn. I always think of wearing them in my hair, or as shoe clips, but I always forget.

I have pierced ears too, but only wear clip-ons since that's how most vintage earrings come :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Brill said:
When I touch my earlobes I can feel the piercings and I don't want to squash them with clips. I guess it is scar tissue inside the lobe. Doesn't everyone have that?

Is it a lump that you're feeling? If so, no that's not normal and could indicate a keloid.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Is it a lump that you're feeling? If so, no that's not normal and could indicate a keloid.

A keloid is a form of scar tissue. Some people develop these pads of scar tissue around injuries. My husband has them. If I understand correctly, it is usually harmless, and mainly means that your scars are more obvious.
(Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!!)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Joie DeVive said:
A keloid is a form of scar tissue. Some people develop these pads of scar tissue around injuries. My husband has them. If I understand correctly, it is usually harmless, and mainly means that your scars are more obvious.
(Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!!)

Oh you're correct. It's just unusual for them to develop around earlobe piercings. They are common around improperly pierced or poorly cared-for cartilege piercings though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007