Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

RickP

Practically Family
Nice visit from the mailman today.... Got a new ebay brim flange and hatblock in today. Wood is in fabulous condition... both are 7-1/4. I evidently made the only bid and got the pair for $23! Ill try the fedora hat block out on a couple lesser hats Ive got here and see how it works. The block is a center dent , and flange is for a 2-3/4" brim in front and back with a 2-1/2 on the sides. Seems to be an almost perfect fit for the bash on my Akubra Bogart!

Compress_20240918_120139_9882.jpg

RickP

Practically Family
Are you ready to laugh and cry?

DANG! Someone should have their scissors taken away! Nice little mint green Stetson Gay prince that someone cut down to a 1-3/4" brim. Too bad as its a nice little hat. Guess they wanted a Trilby really really badly lol. The seller DID say it had been cut down, but I really should have sent a message asking the brim size. The East Texas rednecks at the coffee shop are going to get a grin with this one. Kinda of reminds me of Elmer Fudd's hunting hat.

Its a cute, wearable thing, but dang! Glad my ears don't stick out! I'm thinking maybe I could graft on about 1/2" of brim and cover it up with a wide ribbon binding. Maybe even a full brim transplant? lol. Anyone got any suggestions, or does anyone have a need for something this short? Ill trade for just about anything lol

Compress_20240920_103703_3935.jpg
Compress_20240920_103704_4499.jpg
Compress_20240920_103703_3452.jpg
Compress_20240920_104544_4213.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Are you ready to laugh and cry?

DANG! Someone should have their scissors taken away! Nice little mint green Stetson Gay prince that someone cut down to a 1-3/4" brim. Too bad as its a nice little hat. Guess they wanted a Trilby really really badly lol. The seller DID say it had been cut down, but I really should have sent a message asking the brim size. The East Texas rednecks at the coffee shop are going to get a grin with this one. Kinda of reminds me of Elmer Fudd's hunting hat.

Its a cute, wearable thing, but dang! Glad my ears don't stick out! I'm thinking maybe I could graft on about 1/2" of brim and cover it up with a wide ribbon binding. Maybe even a full brim transplant? lol. Anyone got any suggestions, or does anyone have a need for something this short? Ill trade for just about anything lol

View attachment 641060 View attachment 641061 View attachment 641062 View attachment 641063
Well…i read slowly Ricky, very slowly, hoping to avoid the trauma of what i feared most in brim trims….
THE PINKING SHEARS brim edge treatment!!
Much relieved upon seeing only a semi-apoplectic brim amputation.
Thanks for not permanently maiming my psych.
B

Ps: reminds me of the joke my father told me long ago when he asked to look at a tweed Stetson trilby i was wearing.
Can’t tell it around here any more due to getting spanked but starts like this….

“I wish i had two of these, one to……”

RickP

Practically Family
Well…i read slowly Ricky, very slowly, hoping to avoid the trauma of what i feared most in brim trims….
THE PINKING SHEARS brim edge treatment!!
Much relieved upon seeing only a semi-apoplectic brim amputation.
Thanks for not permanently maiming my psych.
B

Ps: reminds me of the joke my father told me long ago when he asked to look at a tweed Stetson trilby i was wearing.
Can’t tell it around here any more due to getting spanked but starts like this….

“I wish i had two of these, one to……”
Its got a couple little spots that could have been cut more neatly, but theyre fixable. Ime seriously thinking of digging through a pile of brim trimmings and see if I can graft on some more brim. If covering with a bound edge, Im thinking I can tack enough on to get to about 2-1/4 . A careful zig zag stitching should give it some structural stability. 1/2" ribbon binding would'nt be THAT bad lol. Afraid I may have to replace the Gay Prince hatband so it will match the edge binding ... I enjoy challenges... As I said before, if this little thing gives anyone a spark of excitement, reach out to me... Im open to offers lol

If we dont take chances once in a while we cant find those hidden gems!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007