Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

randooch

I'll Lock Up

Mystic

Practically Family
Nice hat in the picture and nice picture as well. I think the woman in the back ground wanted to ask you out!

thanks...It's my 'go to' straw. Bee Cool Genuine Milan.

No dates with that lady. I've lost a bit of weight lately....If we had an arguement...I think she could take me :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Just snagged this pair. Classic, low-risk auction: listed in the wrong category for a bargain basement opening bid! :D

I'm quite eager to see the Emerson up close. Linerless model, unreeded sweat, nice condition . . . but is it a large size? We shall see.

The Adam looks great if it can be cleaned successfully. [huh]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130706982345?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_923

Randall, wonderful finds for low price. The Emerson looks really good! My congrats!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I just picked this one up, and was surprised it didn't cost me more. I can't wait to get it now:http://www.ebay.com/itm/28089632723...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648#ht_500wt_1401

I'm glad you won the hat, Blackthorn. Your really going to love this hat. The felt is very finely finished and very soft. Stetson didn't put a ton of shellac in this one, so with a little steam, you can shape it however you like. I should be shipping the hat either today or tomorrow. Can't wait to see some head shots. :)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I won the auction to this Flechet on French Ebay this morning. I'm not sure if it will even fit me, but It looked very interesting. The sweatband tells me that its fairly old. I can't wait to have it in my hands.

ANCIEN CHAPEAU FLECHET

Flechet1.jpg

Flechet2.jpg

This ad from 1929 shows the same markings as on the sweatband. After going over some of Flechets early ads, it seems that by the early - mid 30's, they dropped the "B. Flechet" branding on the ads.

1929Flechet.jpg

Last edited:

Mark B.

One of the Regulars
Great catch!!...I never even saw these hats and I search the bay daily...Ya done good!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Just snagged this pair. Classic, low-risk auction: listed in the wrong category for a bargain basement opening bid! :D

I'm quite eager to see the Emerson up close. Linerless model, unreeded sweat, nice condition . . . but is it a large size? We shall see.

The Adam looks great if it can be cleaned successfully. [huh]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130706982345?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_923

Mark B.

One of the Regulars
Looks like it could be a Homburg.....Nice catch. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap
I won the auction to this Flechet on French Ebay this morning. I'm not sure if it will even fit me, but It looked very interesting. The sweatband tells me that its fairly old. I can't wait to have it in my hands.

ANCIEN CHAPEAU FLECHET

Flechet1.jpg

Flechet2.jpg

This ad from 1929 shows the same markings as on the sweatband. After going over some of Flechets early ads, it seems that by the early - mid 30's, they dropped the "B. Flechet" branding on the ads.

1929Flechet.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Very cool, if tiny, score there, Josh. I noticed that Paypal wasn't listed as an option for payment on the seller's listing, unless "virement bancaire" includes it. ??

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Had to do it

Caxtonauction.jpg

I could not resist buying a 50+ year old hat for forty nine cents more than it sold for when new.
I am NOT a cowboy, I dunno where I would ever wear it & it seems a shame to cut down that brim.

Caxton1a.jpg
Caxton2.jpg
Caxton2a.jpg
Caxton3.jpg
Caxton4.jpg
Caxton5.jpg
Caxton6.jpg
Caxtonbox.jpg

BUT I love everything about this hat FANTASTIC crease, ruby red liner, cool cushy sweatband. Just the brim that scares me. :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe