Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Since none of you folks wanted, I guess I'll have to give it a home.

Alan, this is one of the more recent CB's right? I assume 60's timeframe or so? I know the felt quality is said to be better in the older ones, but I assume the price would reflect that as well, since there would be more buyers.

I'm hoping this meets my goal of finding a nice Open Road style hat that I want to keep. If not, you'll be seeing it in the classifieds!

I hope it turns out to be a winner David. It could be mid 1960's but possibly seventies too. Looking forward to your report when you receive it.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
When vintage hat is listed as "wool" is it wool or fur? If it looks somewhat like fur in the pictures and with a liner.
Thanks!

for example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/22084211905...WX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2648#ht_500wt_1261

Not my size, but I liked the color.

It is fur felt and the color is close to the color in the photo of the underside of the brim--a nice blue-grey. :) The felt feels thick and doesn't feel like the best around, but decent and it is a nicely-made hat. The liner is sewn in. There's a union sticker under the sweatband. It is "Admiral Quality" and was sold in Conneaut, Ohio.

The other hat the seller listed turned out to actually be wool (and I expected that with the "Merrimac Process") but still a nice hat with one exception: the sweatband is dried out, stiff and fragile :eusa_doh:. I've asked to return it.

Regards,
Tom

EggHead

Practically Family
Glad it worked out for you Tango, I remember the other hat from same seller, the brown one. It didn't have a liner and looked a little bent, like wool would bend. So I was pretty sure it was wool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe