Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HatsEnough

Banned
My favorite Scottish joke:

A drunk Scotsman was laying in the gutter one morning and a comely lass walked by and noticed his kilt was flipped up for the whole world to see his little laddie. As a joke she tied a hair ribbon on his little fella and ran away laughing. The Scotsman finally woke up a few hours later and when he looked down and saw the ribbon he said, "Ach, I don't know where ya been, laddie, but I see ya won first prize!"

Walt

One of the Regulars
My favorite Scottish joke:

A drunk Scotsman was laying in the gutter one morning and a comely lass walked by and noticed his kilt was flipped up for the whole world to see his little laddie. As a joke she tied a hair ribbon on his little fella and ran away laughing. The Scotsman finally woke up a few hours later and when he looked down and saw the ribbon he said, "Ach, I don't know where ya been, laddie, but I see ya won first prize!"

I've heard that as a song on the Dr. Demento show. Pretty funny. Not sure of the singer (one the names the other guys gave is probably correct).

HatsEnough

Banned
OK, for all my talk about wanting only vintage lids and not liking new ones, I just bought a newer hat.

I just purchased a Churchill "Beaver 25" in an Open Road style. By the looks of the photos it is only a few years old, def. made after the 1960s. It was $45 so not too expensive. It also looks to be brand new and is open crown with no evidence from the photos that its ever been creased. It is still in its original box, too.

The main reason I bought it is as an experiment of sorts. I have an early 50s era Stetson 25 and I want to see what the difference is between the 60-year-old Stetson and the modern Churchill.

So, when this suckah comes in, I'll let you guys know if there is any appreciable difference between a Stetson from the height of hat making days to a more contemporary fedora (both supposedly a beaver 25).

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I thought it must have been an incredible derby for that price. Hats are always with the wrong boxes, but this is the first time I've heard of a price tag being stuck on the wrong hat.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
You're a brave (or reckless) man posting a link to a hat your interested in bidding for, Terry.

Not that most interested parties won't be plotting against you already, but why make it easier? Everynow and again one sneaks through and someone gets a bargain.

HatsEnough

Banned
I agree, DJH. It never ceases to amaze me when someone posts a live auction that they, themselves want to bid on. It's like saying "Hey, everyone here's a hat you should go bid a lot on so it costs me even more to buy! I just hate paying low dollars for a hat, ya know?"

:)

Iyor

One of the Regulars
I agree, DJH. It never ceases to amaze me when someone posts a live auction that they, themselves want to bid on. It's like saying "Hey, everyone here's a hat you should go bid a lot on so it costs me even more to buy! I just hate paying low dollars for a hat, ya know?"

:)

+1[huh]

randooch

I'll Lock Up
If it were a size smaller, I'd ramp that price up to 200 bucks, then watch it go to someone else. As it is, though, I sure hope you get it, Terry, rather than one of the large-headed circling sharks who have sensed blood . . . Best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe