Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan,
I bought that hat about 2 weeks ago from the same seller and returned it because they'd listed it as being 24" in circumference. The felt is that very nice suede finish. The moth damage however is more than tiny. From what I remember (and I didn't look too long after realizing it wasn't my size) the moth damage was pretty extensive on the top of the hat but there weren't any moth bites that penetrated to the other side of the felt. The color is darker than the photo that the seller is using. It is actually a chocolate brown where the photo looks like a light brown.

I would have kept it in the condition it was in if it had been my size but for you guys with smaller heads you have the option to be more selective I think.

Hopefully it's in better condition than I remember but thought you might want to know.

Sam
Many thanks to a FL friend who alerted me to this one... if it's half as nice as Delectan's wide brim Gay Prince, I'll be a happy camper.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Not mine: Nice old panama went for peanuts.

465684181_o.jpg

SteveAS

Practically Family
I bought another lot of hats for what looks like a nice, seemingly rare Stetson Diplomat Vita-Felt in great colors. The seller describes it as, ". . . a dark blue Royal Stetson with a purple band it is in excellent condition inside and out. Little tag inside says 1/8 for size ... it measures about 22 inches interior (headhole!). Other inside info says Stetson Diplomat, Vita-Felt Process." This is the second lot I've gotten from this seller and conditions of the the hats in the first lot were very conservatively described (two were NOS condition), so I'm excited about this lot . . .

$(KGrHqMOKiEE1z3d4tr!BNuLiD,bSg~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKocE12I4Zk5zBNuLjBlKvQ~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqMOKpoE24nVvh5YBNuLjMzENw~~0_12.JPG

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I bought another lot of hats for what looks like a nice, seemingly rare Stetson Diplomat Vita-Felt in great colors. The seller describes it as, ". . . a dark blue Royal Stetson with a purple band it is in excellent condition inside and out. Little tag inside says 1/8 for size ... it measures about 22 inches interior (headhole!). Other inside info says Stetson Diplomat, Vita-Felt Process." This is the second lot I've gotten from this seller and conditions of the the hats in the first lot were very conservatively described (two were NOS condition), so I'm excited about this lot . . .

That is an AWESOME lot. Great Job, Steve! That Stetson Diplomat is really neat. The second Stetson has really interesting colors. It looks like light blue with a brown ribbon. Very cool!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld