Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

frussell

One Too Many
Lefty, I believe my grandfather still has a Dobbs 25 in his closet. If I remember correctly, it looked like an Open Road clone. I'll have to check it out. Frank

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I received a message from the seller of a hat I won on eBay that stunned me a little. He told me that he'd just shipped my hat and hat box but that it had been a long time since he had shipped something priority mail in a regular, non-flat-rate box and had badly underestimated shipping and wanted to know if I'd reimburse him the difference, or at least part of it. I'd been charged $8.60 shipping; he said he'd paid over $49 due to the size of the box and distance. :eeek: He did admit it was his mistake.

I felt bad for the guy, but wrote back that I didn't understand why, when the clerk told him the amount, he hadn't downgraded it to Parcel Post which would have been about $10 and sent a message to me to explain it. I didn't want to seem like a jerk, but I didn't think it quite fair I should be asked to pay for a decision I wasn't given the opportunity to be involved it.

I looked back at my recent flurry of hat purchases, and the most I've spent on shipping was $15 for a Resistol cowboy hat in a box. I've got a bowler with a box coming from California (as is the hat in question above) that I was charged $12 shipping for-Parcel Post. The only thing I've paid $50 to ship from an eBay purchase was a 3-piece motorcycle ramp!

I dunno... I may go back and spot the guy a bit more, but still...:eusa_doh:

Regards,
Tom

Brando11

A-List Customer
There is power in the word "no." My guess is you would've made a phone call to a buyer and worked out an agreeable solution BEFORE shipping out the package if the situation were reversed. He should have done the same.

Fair is fair, but I'd say he owed you the courtesy of a call before making the decision if he expected you to chip in.

There is power in the word "no." My guess is you would've made a phone call to a buyer and worked out an agreeable solution BEFORE shipping out the package if the situation were reversed. He should have done the same.

Fair is fair, but I'd say he owed you the courtesy of a call before making the decision if he expected you to chip in.

I agree. In any event, wait until the package arrives before making a decision on your response.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received a message from the seller of a hat I won on eBay that stunned me a little. He told me that he'd just shipped my hat and hat box but that it had been a long time since he had shipped something priority mail in a regular, non-flat-rate box and had badly underestimated shipping and wanted to know if I'd reimburse him the difference, or at least part of it. I'd been charged $8.60 shipping; he said he'd paid over $49 due to the size of the box and distance. :eeek: He did admit it was his mistake.

I felt bad for the guy, but wrote back that I didn't understand why, when the clerk told him the amount, he hadn't downgraded it to Parcel Post which would have been about $10 and sent a message to me to explain it. I didn't want to seem like a jerk, but I didn't think it quite fair I should be asked to pay for a decision I wasn't given the opportunity to be involved it.

I looked back at my recent flurry of hat purchases, and the most I've spent on shipping was $15 for a Resistol cowboy hat in a box. I've got a bowler with a box coming from California (as is the hat in question above) that I was charged $12 shipping for-Parcel Post. The only thing I've paid $50 to ship from an eBay purchase was a 3-piece motorcycle ramp!

I dunno... I may go back and spot the guy a bit more, but still...:eusa_doh:

Regards,
Tom

Holy frijoles! :eek:

I pay $35 to get a hat from OZ or Olde Blighty, WTH does this joker live? Nome, Kkkkkatmandu? You'd be a good egg to help him out, but I would feel no obligation. Whatta dope, :eusa_doh: I'da changed it to PP in a heartbeat!

Last edited:

SteveAS

Practically Family
That Champ was nice, missed that one!

Agreed. I figured it would go higher, so I didn't bid, but that looks like a great hat at a great price! Homburgs don't really look good on me and the Playboy's 2-1/4" brim is under my 2-3/8" limit.

Wait a minute . . . I sound like a spoiled brat! I guess us pinheads still have it pretty good! :eusa_doh:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Was that the Tribble? It might not be memory, it might be repression. :)

That's the one. :)

tribbles.jpg

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld