Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mario said:
Robert...

That's a sweet Mogwai fedora...but please make sure that it doesn't get wet - or you might end up with something like this on your hands:

gremlins2.jpg

:eek: :D
please stop making me laugh out loud in my work office, people are begingin to wonder about me :eusa_doh:

scoundrels!

MisterGrey said:
The Scala came in... Unfortunately, though it's marked an XL and their size chart claims this will fit a 7 1/2 head, by my measurement it's actually a 7 1/4. Ah well. It's a pretty nice hat, too. Thankfully there's a seven day return policy from the buyer I got it from.

I've had similar issues before a 7 1/4 came in at 6 7/8th. instead of paying to ship it back and loosing the money you paid on shipping, I might take a few more pics and post it here on the lounge, you might break even...

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
It's a Dayton

Got this latest ebay purchase in the mail today. It is marked as being from the Dayton Hat Company of Minneapolis. Made of "genuine imported fur." It's a nice soft gray with a bluish tint and that wind trolley button I was talking about in another thread.

I have to flatten that back end a tad. It was up against the box there and is curled a bit more than I like. But over all a very nice, clean example.

gray_dayton.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mobile Vulgus said:
Got this latest ebay purchase in the mail today. It is marked as being from the Dayton Hat Company of Minneapolis. Made of "genuine imported fur." It's a nice soft gray with a bluish tint and that wind trolley button I was talking about in another thread.

I have to flatten that back end a tad. It was up against the box there and is curled a bit more than I like. But over all a very nice, clean example.

gray_dayton.jpg
Dayton was a major Department Store with Minneapolis Headquarters later became Target.
http://www.dshistory.com/stores/daytons_minneapolis/

Mobile Vulgus said:
Became Target. Thanks for the linkie.

Not quite. It was sold off to May Department Stores. Target is the discount store that was funded by Dayton Hudson in the early days. They sold off Marshall Fields(Dayton-Hudson changed their name due to better brand recognition with Marshall Fields.) to the May Department Stores because it was a better fit for May than them at that point. I used to do business with them as a vendor years ago.
You hat is definitely not a product of Target. :rolleyes: ;) :p

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Huh?

When did I say my hat was a "product of Target"??? Do you think I am that stupid? Do you think I am such an idiot that I don't realize that this hat was produced years before any Target store existed? Seriously. You think I am that much of a moron?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld