Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Well now... one of those "If it fits it ships" ebay moments today lol. Well it WAS bagged and clean so I guess thats SOMETHING. I thought I was in trouble as soon as I saw the size of the box. Fortunately its a nice soft Stetson Gun Club Three Forks... Doesnt look like it really suffered more than the indignity of getting stuffed in a box lol

Nice soft felt, Fits well, and I love the nice dark olive green color

Had a sewage backup last night and Ive been dealing with a gaggle of plumbers here today.. At least this hat gave me a smile... really has been the high point of my day so far!

View attachment 627380 View attachment 627381 View attachment 627382
Always a bit of a heart thumper when they show up in a box like that. I love it when they pop right into shape. Usually a little sun is all they need to smooth out.

rogueclimber

A-List Customer
I have some hats I'd like to sell. Is the best place to do that eBay? Do people here still sell hats to each other, I've not been on here for a good few years?

I like this line from the stickied posts in the classified section:

Use the Classifieds, or use eBay, or use both. Do what gets you the most monetary and personal satisfaction. But remember, the members of the Fedora Lounge ALWAYS appreciate getting first crack at your treasures. And a few vocal complainers DO NOT represent the overwhelming majority of members who do not say anything, but who admire, PM, and buy things here every day.

Louis Mountbatten

A-List Customer
This is the first time Ive seen cellophane being installed under the sweatband. Ive heard about it but never seen it. Very interesting. Thanks.
Unfortunately, it was a very bad idea. Often times I have found the cellophane to have deteriorated. And sometimes glued itself of the leather sweatband. And other times led to the destruction of the leather sweatband.

Louis Mountbatten

A-List Customer
The Saddle Roll probably had a western-styled turn to the brim originally and a western pinch, too. I think someone reworked that one to be more like a fedora at some pint. The saddle roll was originally a western/cowboy hat.

Olumin

Familiar Face
Unfortunately, it was a very bad idea. Often times I have found the cellophane to have deteriorated. And sometimes glued itself of the leather sweatband. And other times led to the destruction of the leather sweatband.
That makes sense. Tho Id imagine that with modern plastics this could be done today with no downsides. I will have a new sweatband installed on one of my Montecristis soon, I think I will request something like this to be done.

Louis Mountbatten

A-List Customer
That makes sense. Tho Id imagine that with modern plastics this could be done today with no downsides. I will have a new sweatband installed on one of my Montecristis soon, I think I will request something like this to be done.
You may be right. Today's materials may not be so bad in the long term. That I don't know about. Only the original stuff from the 40s/50s.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Not such a bad idea at the time. I'm sure the hat manufacturers never had us, 60-70 years later, in mind when they came up with the idea ro solve the sweat staining problem. Hats were quite a bit more disposable then, as the hatting industry would have made sure that your hat was way out of fashion in far less time than it would have taken to ruin the sweatband. Fortunately for us, there were enough folks back then who were hoarders to some degree. May have been memories of the Great Depression.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Got another MacLachlan just now from Goodwill.com
The first one today was from eBay.
Got lucky. Not bad prices.
Love the white felt color of this one!!!
42D2C914-79C6-4376-BBEA-9810757DFAF2.jpeg
DC9D5032-3882-4682-94C8-559A3E0013BD.jpeg

Well, I know how someone with HAS can stop buying more hats. You just have to stop “watching” hats.

But to hit watch tabs you have to scroll for em.
How do ya stop yourself from looking???

It’s a good thing I don’t live in an area where I can get to estate sells and used stores.

I have some hats I'd like to sell. Is the best place to do that eBay? Do people here still sell hats to each other, I've not been on here for a good few years?
That has been some years indeed, Karl. Good to hear from you and hope you've been keeping well!
Has climate change caused such a positive effect on Irish weather you don't need your hats anymore? Hats you would want taken good care of you can best sell here. For other hats any other platform will do.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Those are sweet! Very nice.

Got another MacLachlan just now from Goodwill.com
The first one today was from eBay.
Got lucky. Not bad prices.
Love the white felt color of this one!!!

View attachment 628196 View attachment 628201

Well, I know how someone with HAS can stop buying more hats. You just have to stop “watching” hats.

But to hit watch tabs you have to scroll for em.
How do ya stop yourself from looking???

It’s a good thing I don’t live in an area where I can get to estate sells and used stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Revandmo