Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Just bought this one. The brim is short, but Ignacio tells me we will gain about one cm. when he blocks it to my size. Anyone interested in the box?
3898a8f006bd5cb4b4f47fb33cfa219b.jpg
f4812de21daa3030ddc6e5e22c922dc8.jpg
6183c0f6cc728e43e59c07c99554fa9f.jpg
1cd18a52b9e5b8647921f911b067b89b.jpg
278ae47d795123337b53e7cc86d847a3.jpg
37b92fe9927583fc555573ce3e08c573.jpg
db6ec867e6eeb719e322c7be2eaf1e36.jpg
3fda712cc1df32fedee5e9e0389c9ba2.jpg
51b7c0a547d77edb2cdedfd49560d86b.jpg
50ac4778cd0bea37dd367ec1109b5030.jpg
0f09465f5be913eb74c81faa627db796.jpg
f73c242e39c284c0c828b82054f825a5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Must be pretty incredible felt, is it all that it should be?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
No, no, no. If I have to try to complete with you for 7 5/8 hats I’m quitting now. Maybe I can get into leather jackets; where’s Bowen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ha ha
Won’t help Brent. I just spent 5 bills this eve on a killer jacket and it didn’t help!
You will still feel insignificant!! Lol
I run out of words when it comes to the Maximator!!!
Just run for your life!!
B

Don't worry, Brent. I am only getting one of each from now on.
[emoji2]

Say what you will, Max; I’m more than a little worried. Do you think anyone here believes you’re going to slow down? ;)

I recently saw one of the Stetson 100 luggage boxes without any of its “guts” sell for almost $100. It’s certainly worth something.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Say what you will, Max; I’m more than a little worried. Do you think anyone here believes you’re going to slow down? ;)

I recently saw one of the Stetson 100 luggage boxes without any of its “guts” sell for almost $100. It’s certainly worth something.

Wow. I didn't know that. I really have no use for the boxes. I will tell Juan Carlos. Maybe he will get some money for the ones I have stored in his garage.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Has anyone else had to deal with the hat police that mill about ebay? A few weeks ago there was colonelwth policing my hat age descriptions. I listened calmly and thanked him. Then, of course, he told me to go to a website that had better hat information than the fedoralounge. Of course...it was his.

Today it was someone named @@@@@@ who was upset that I was describing my Playboy hat as 'near mint' and not mentioning that the brim might have been trimmed since it doesn't have stitching. I'm scratching my head, as the hat is described at 'beautiful', which it is, not 'near mint', and I don't know this guy from Adam. He might be right that all Playboys had brim stitching - if so, I wasn't aware of it - but why the need to do a brain dump on a stranger over a hat that he has no intention of bidding on? For every ten auctions I run I get visited by a hat policeman. And no offense to you guys, but it always seems to be hats. The other things I sell are much more esoteric and have a much higher likelihood of having a description that could be questioned....but the hats....it's always hats. Are we really that anal and nosey?

Okay, I feel better. The brim of my hat is 2 5/8" and does not appear to have had anything done to it post-factory. I saw where Lefty once had a Playboy with no brim stitching. Is there really someone out there removing the stitching from Playboy brims? Because Lefty's had one and I've had at least two that had no stitching.

Last edited:

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Has anyone else had to deal with the hat police that mill about ebay? A few weeks ago there was colonelwth policing my hat age descriptions. I listened calmly and thanked him. Then, of course, he told me to go to a website that had better hat information than the fedoralounge. Of course...it was his.

Today it was someone named cars1718 who was upset that I was describing my Playboy hat as 'near mint' and not mentioning that the brim might have been trimmed since it doesn't have stitching. I'm scratching my head, as the hat is described at 'beautiful', which it is, not 'near mint', and I don't know this guy from Adam. He might be right that all Playboys had brim stitching - if so, I wasn't aware of it - but why the need to do a brain dump on a stranger over a hat that he has no intention of bidding on? For every ten auctions I run I get visited by a hat policeman. And no offense to you guys, but it always seems to be hats. The other things I sell are much more esoteric and have a much higher likelihood of having a description that could be questioned....but the hats....it's always hats. Are we really that anal and nosey?

Okay, I feel better. The brim of my hat is 2 5/8" and does not appear to have had anything done to it post-factory. I saw where Lefty once had a Playboy with no brim stitching. Is there really someone out there removing the stitching from Playboy brims? Because Lefty's had one and I've had at least two that had no stitching.
There are Playboys without brim stitching. I've seen them posted here by a couple people @moontheloon ??? I forget the dates this was supposed to be, though.. kind of in the middle of the production years.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Thank you. I have bad eyes, so I took a magnifier to the brim of this one, hoping to find some vestige of stitch holes, but nothing - just a nice clean raw brim. I liked the hat so much upon further inspection, I almost ended the auction, but alas, my noggin is still too small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe