Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

billyspew

One Too Many
Hat Measure

Hat Measuring tool, I bid early on, but went far too high for my blood.
46e1_1.JPG

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
So, was it a member that tossed the big bucks for buler's Stetson 100? (There are two threads on it.)
I am the guilty one. My max snip bid of $383 made it by $1. I will be posting on the thin ribbon thread. I inventoried my hats yesterday 19 felts including 10 thin ribbons and one Mallory panama. I done buying for a while cross my heart swear.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
small but lovely Dobbs Forty[/URL]
d634_1.JPG
e557_1.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, Lefty. I just won this lid.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Waltham Pocketwatch

From the auction:

A very nice Waltham 16 size pocketwatch in solid 14kt gold, the dial and couvette are signed for the John B. Stetson company, famous maker of western hats and leather goods, presented to an apprentice for Christmas 1905, the dial has about four very tight hair-line cracks that may wash out with an ultrasonic machine, the case measures 48mm in diameter not counting the stem or bow, the watch is running well and keeping time but may need a cleaning, the movement is signed Riverside and has a gold train and 17 jewels, a great watch for the Stetson collector or retailer.

StetsonPresentationPocketwatch1.jpg

Very cool. Wonder if a Lounger won it?

Cheers,
Tom

StetsonPresentationPocketwatch3.jpg

StetsonPresentationPocketwatch5.jpg

StetsonPresentationPocketwatch8.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Tango Yankee said:
From the auction:

A very nice Waltham 16 size pocketwatch in solid 14kt gold, the dial and couvette are signed for the John B. Stetson company, famous maker of western hats and leather goods, presented to an apprentice for Christmas 1905, the dial has about four very tight hair-line cracks that may wash out with an ultrasonic machine, the case measures 48mm in diameter not counting the stem or bow, the watch is running well and keeping time but may need a cleaning, the movement is signed Riverside and has a gold train and 17 jewels, a great watch for the Stetson collector or retailer.

StetsonPresentationPocketwatch1.jpg

Very cool. Wonder if a Lounger won it?

Cheers,
Tom

StetsonPresentationPocketwatch3.jpg

StetsonPresentationPocketwatch5.jpg

StetsonPresentationPocketwatch8.jpg
Tango Yankee, That is a fabulous pocketwatch. Thanks for posting.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
It is indeed, Carter! I stumbled across the auction this morning. Wish I could have made a serious bid on it, but it was well over $200 when I found it an knew it would go a lot farther.

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton